Como dizer "enjoar-se de algo" em inglês

Pessoal, estive procurando como falar ''eu enjoei disso'' no babylon e acabei achando que pode ser usado a palavra ''cheese'', é verdade? Sei lá..uso meio estranho, tou mais acustumada a ver ''sick'' nesse sentido.
E se existe cheese mesmo, em que região se usa ela ou como devo usa-la ? :?

Ajudinhaa, pleaase =*

xoxo

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
9 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
7 62 297
To be sick of and to be tired of are colloquial expressions that work well with repetitions.
I am sick of your complaints. (You complain too much.)
I am tired of hearing the same lies. (You lie too much and too often.)

To be bored with/of is more formal. It can often be used in place of sick or tired, but not always.
I am bored. I want to go somewhere interesting. Here sick or tired would not be clearly understood. (If you are sick, go home. If you are tired, rest.)

"To be jaded" is very formal. It is often used to refer to a series of similar life experiences.
After years of working as a prison guard, he became very jaded from hearing the same lies and excuses.

To be nauseous refers to a physical state.
You drink cachaca on an empty stomach and become nauseous (sick to your stomach).

I hope I have helped.
POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
23 127 1.7k
Olá Kawaiikika,

Realmente consta no dicionário que você mencionou, mas somente nele. Nem Oxford, Longman, Cambridge confirmam isto. Quer dizer no mínimo que não é muito comum. Verifiquei no Dictionary.com e nada também. Prefira "sick", "tired" ou "bored", de acordo com o contexto.

Bons estudos.
oBrigaada, donay! Vc sempre perfeito *--*
Eu usaria: to fell nauseous.
Exemplo: The Barbecue made me feel nauseous.

Wanderley
Eu usaria JADED

Bored or lacking enthusiasm, typically after having had too
ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
1 6 92
Só para adir : Fed up with I am fed up with your excuses

Done with I am done with the reading of this book

Cheers!
6 49 1.3k
Gostei do "adir" Jorge, me pareceu ter ficado, hmm... Com um ar bem jurídico, rsss! :P Mas tá valendo.

=
One more to the list of "enjoar-se de algo":

I don´t feel like (doing something -singing/reading/working/traveling on business etc) anymore.

(the activity here_) is not fun anymore. [the book is not fun anymore/the soccer training is not fun anymore]

I am not terribly enthusiastic about interviews anymore (I am not terribly "suggests" that I was very inthusiastic before...)

These days I don´t read as I did once.

I don´t enjoy reading as I did as child.

These are my tentative examples to express that feeling that somebody "enjoou de algo" que fazia/gostava de fazer.
1 6 92
PPaulo,

É o background: me formei em direito e fui escrivão por 25 anos until I got fed up with law papers and done with them I retired.

Cheers!
6 49 1.3k
It shows! but congrats on arriving to a new phase in life, well-earned. And for your interest in learning something new and making a much productive way of your time. Not to mention that English is fun! It comes with surprises every day, it´s dynamic and refresh itself all the time.
Cheers!