Como dizer "Você e nada é a mesma coisa" em inglês

Simon Vasconcelos 11 225
Aquela médica e nada é a mesma coisa. Faz as mesmas perguntas aos pacientes e prescreve praticamente os mesmos remédios para eles. Ela deveria voltar à faculdade.

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
What that doctor says doesn´t mean anything/a thing to me. She makes the same questions to every patient and prescribes the same medicines to anyone. She must get back to faculty.

That doctor is an incompetent one, to say the least. She repeteadly asks the very same questions to all patients and prescribes the same medicines time and again. She should be forced back to Med. college.

======================
Indeed, it would be some kind of serious accusation/charge, so I don´t know for certain, but it seems to me that it would led to a suing/prosecution, something like that.
I just offered that version as a way of speaking (say, Brazilian)
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Sugestão:

Usar "hopeless" para dizer "e nada é a mesma coisa".

''My doctor is hopeless [meu médico e nada é a mesma coisa] and he is the only one in my city that I can go to. What should I do? Please Help Me.''[healthquestions.medhelp.org]

Definição de "hopeless": very bad [= terrible]. - Longman
Simon Vasconcelos 11 225
"You're good for nothing" seria uma outra opção de tradução?
You are useless.

You're just a small time.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Simon, in certain contexts (for example, if you are a peer doctor yourself).
I never been abroad, but I think that maybe you had to lower the comment a notch, or make it in a different way. For example, warning him that you are going to get a second opinion, that you have the right to ask a better medical care, etc etc.