Blender, trusty sidekick, Retriever - Tradução em português

Ricardo F. Bernardi 6 26 454
Hi English Experts team,
How are you?

I've been checking some books lately and I found an odd sentence (at least for me):

"Fun in the sun and also under the starts in Mexico! You can go to two of the country's best party spots, Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan. You can enjyou the Baja Experience, a first-person journal of travels through the Mexican Peninsula with a blender and a trusty sidekick Golden Retriever.

I'd like to know the meaning of the underlined expresssion above. If it is possible, can you present the translation of the sentence in Portuguese?

Thanks in advance.

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
jorgeluiz 1 6 92
Ricardo F. Bernardi,
I tried my best:

With a blender and a trusty sidekick Golden Retriever= com um provador de comidas e bebidas e um fiel ajudante cão de caça da raça golden retriever.

https://www.google.com.br/search?hl=pt- ... iever&gs_l

Apesar de blender ser liquidificador, na lingua espanhola tem a acepção de apreciador, provador

Blender [ˈblendəʳ] N
1. (Culin) → licuadora f
2. (= person) → catador(a) m/f
Tea blender → catador(a) m/f de té

Sidekick (ˈsaɪdˌkɪk)
N
Informal a close friend or follower who accompanies another on adventures, etc
Obs.: Retriever cão que vai buscar a caça abatida pelo caçador.
Cheers