Tradução de "That was clenching"

Olá tudo bem?

O que significa "That was clenching" vi na serie Friends:

Water's working.
And action! And cut! Butt guy, what are you doing? I'm showering.
No, that was clenching.
The way I see it, the guy's upset here, you know? His wife's dead, his brother's missing.
I think his butt would be angry here.

Obrigada

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário Ricardo F. Bernardi 11050 19 220
Note: In Brazilian official dub, the word clenching was translated to contraindo o bumbum (to contract the butt).

REFERENCE: Wellfitandfed.
Avatar do usuário Ricardo F. Bernardi 11050 19 220
clenching (Popular term).
bruxism (Technical term).
>> bruxismo.
>> rachando / triturando (os dentes).

In Friends series, the term was used as a joke to describe someone's angry, mad or feel unconfortable about something.

DIRECTOR: Okay, everybody, we'd like to get this in one take, please. Let's roll it.. Water's working... And... Action!
DIRETOR: Ok, pessoal, a gente quer terminar tudo isso numa só tomada, então por favor, vamos ensaiar. Ligue o chuveiro... E... Ação!

DIRECTOR: And cut! Hey, Butt Guy, what the hell are you doing?
DIRETOR: E corta! Ei, cara do traseiro, que diabos você está fazendo?

JOEY: Well, I'm- I'm showering.
JOEY: Bem, eu... Eu estou tomando banho.

DIRECTOR: No, that was clenching.
DIRETOR: Não, isso foi bruxismo.

JOEY: Oh! Well, the way I see it, the guy's upset here, you know? His wife's dead, his brother's missing. I think his butt would be angry here.
JOEY: Ah! Bem, pelo que entendi, o cara aqui tá deprê, sacou? A esposa morreu, o irmão sumiu. Acho que o popô dele teria que estar rangendo de raiva aqui.

DIRECTOR: I think his butt would like to get this shot before lunch. Once again, rolling... Water working... And action! And cut! What was that?
DIRETOR: Eu acho que o traseiro dele gostaria de terminar esta tomada antes do almoço. Vamos de novo, ensaiando... Ligue o chuveiro... E ação! E corta! O que foi isso?

JOEY: I was going for quiet desperation. But if you have to ask...
JOEY: Eu buscava por um desespero silencioso. Porém, se quiser minha opinião...
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 45365 6 35 800
Could also be in the sense of "clenching" meaning the "action" of holding sh*t, especially when it's not an appropriate time to take a dump. As per Urban Dictionary explanation.
Example: I've been clenching ever since I got to work.

And yet in another sense, it would be "when something makes you so nervous or scared, it makes your butt clench." (maybe it´s the proper way to the question at hand). Also from the same source.

There are other ways to express the "clench" thing, example: 'my stomach was clenched in a knot'.