Why were you named your name?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Question: Why were you named your name?

Answers:

- I was named Flavia because both mom and dad have names starting with F;
- Julia was named Julia because her parents like the actress Julia Roberts;
- Mateus was named like that because of Saint Matthew;
- He was named Ronaldo in honor of the soccer player.

Now it's your turn!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
This my sister and I will never know. I wish my mom and dad had told me why they named my sister (Marli) and me both with names starting with M before mom died in '92 and dad had stroke-related dementia as early as 2007. The stroke impaired the vigor of his mental abilities and greatly diminished his capacity to conduct a normal conversation.

My sister and I'll take this secret to the grave. None of my uncles and aunts, most of whom died except aunt Rute who still can walk and talk, know why either.
I'm Davi, and i'm called this because my mother, before know i'll be a boy, had a dream where one voice said: It'll be a boy, and your name will be Davi. :P
Avatar do usuário Renato Baroli 1470 5 30
Well, my name(Renato) in english means 'Re-Born' (weird, hein?). I have no idea why my parents gave me this name but i like it. As far as i can remember i was only born once! My name after the second time i'll be born, i guess, will be only Nato...lol... Or maybe it's the opposite... not sure...
Avatar do usuário RenanKenplers 55 1
Hahaha, good one, Renato!

Well, My mom said my name would be Guilherme, who was an actor, that unfortunately for some reason killed his girlfriend. She told me she got dumbfounded and left the idea of naming me Guilherme lol. Then, she decided my name would be Vinicius, who was also an actor, but he was murdered and she decided to name me Renan in honor to a volleyball player. (No more actors lmfao).

Regards
My name is Ester, it is a Biblical name from the history "Ester and the king".
I love my name!
Best regards
My name is Iracema because my dad, despite he was a japanese man, he read the Jose de Alencar's books and when I was born he chose this name for me! By the way, this word "iracema" is an anagram of the word "america".
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Hi Iracema

Quite interesting! I didn't know about the anagram. And Jose de Alencar's book is really inspiring.
Welcome to the forum!
Avatar do usuário murilo91 255 1 6
I knew about his book and anagram!
well I was named Murilo, because Murilo in latin reminds Wall! something which gives protection and is strong ;D
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
Emanuel, I think most of you may know, was one of Jesus' names, according to the Good Book.

By the way, Iracema also means "came from honey, or honey lips" in Tupi-Guarani, she probably does know that, but some of us may not. =)