Como dizer "Arremeter (o avião)" em inglês

11995 1 26 394
O piloto do avião russo percebeu a presença da outra aeronave e arremeteu pouco antes da aterrissagem. (g1.globo.com)

Na aviação significa acelerar o avião para levantar novo vôo ao se perceber problemas no pouso.
ENGLISH EXPERTS RECOMENDA Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Iniciar o Teste Online!
18 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Resposta aceita
8240 3 23 188
"Porpoise" é um jargão da aviação, mas é na verdade uma falha, quando o avião fica saltando na pista.
"O pouso porpoise é uma aterrissagem definida por uma série de saltos e mergulhos, de forma que, ao tocar a pista, a aeronave é impulsionada para cima, afastando-se do solo com velocidade insuficiente para voar."
(Anac)
A porpoise landing is a bounced landing that, if not recovered, results in your plane touching down nose first. If you let it continue, it will set your plane off into a series of "jumps" and "dives", like a real porpoise.

Ref. boldmethod
"Don’t try to force the aircraft to land. If you do start to porpoise a landing, quickly execute a go-around."

Ref. pilotmall
2585 3 9 50
Ao ver este post me lembrei do acidente com o Vôo TAM 3054, que aconteceu em São Paulo, a expressão arremeter foi muito utilizada nesta época, em todos os jornais que li eles usaram a expressão: Take off again.

No entanto fica uma dica, vc pode pesquisar em jornais da época, talvez exista outra expressão mais técnica.
1125 2 24
Aparentemente o termo técnico é go-around
2585 3 9 50
Now I found: re-take-off
11995 1 26 394
Ref. wikihow
Curso English Experts Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido?

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
11995 1 26 394
Henry,
Take off again, re-take-off, me parece ser quando o avião arremete depois de já ter tocado o chão (pista). É uma opção.

Obrigadão - Thanks a lot.
63295 22 99 1535
Sugestão: nos noticiários sobre o acidente trágico que tirou a vida do Candidato a Presidente Eduardo Campos, encontramos.

Abort a landing: arremeter (avião)

''Brazilian presidential candidate Eduardo Campos died Wednesday in an airplane crash in the southeastern city of Santos. He was 49. Campos died after a nine-seater Cessna 560XL crashed at about 10 a.m. following an aborted landing [arremetida] because of bad weather, the air force said in statement. The two pilots and four members of Campos' campaign team on board all died when the plane crashed on a gym.'' [Chicagotribune.com - USA]

''Fierce winds forced pilots to abort a landing at an airport in Birmingham, England.'' [Abcnews.go.com - USA]

''Após a conversa, o avião fez o processo de arremetida e acabou caindo no bairro do Boqueirão, em Santos.'' [Terra]

Bons estudos. Compartilhe.
60110 6 45 1070
Both, "aborted landing" or "go around" could be used, the latter being a more technical way of speaking.

Ref. pilotinfo

Air Traffic Control instruct the pilot to "Go Around". This is the aviation term for an aborted landing. The most common cause for this is the plane ahead has not vacated the runway quickly enough, or the plane on takeoff ahead has decided to stop.
20 1
In my humble opinion, re-take off (here plane touches down), go around (a traffic controller's command) and abort the landing (the landing process has started) seem to be different from one another. Hope it helps.
60110 6 45 1070
As of the re-take off I am not going to dispute, but the go around is a maneuver, being taught to pilots (so it's also a pilot talk; so, not just orders from tower jockeys.

Go-around may or may not intersect in sense with rejected landings/aborted landings, unless I am mistaken there are two possible aceptions (or possiblities) when it comes to go-arounds.

1)
GO-AROUNDS
(REJECTED LANDINGS)
Whenever landing conditions are not satisfactory, a go-around is warranted. There are many factors that can contribute to unsatisfactory landing conditions. Situations such as air traffic control requirements, unexpected appearance of hazards on the runway, overtaking another airplane, wind shear, wake turbulence, mechanical failure and/or an unstabilized approach are all examples of reasons to discontinue a landing approach and make another approach under more favorable conditions. The assumption that an aborted landing is invariably the consequence of a poor approach, which in turn is due to insufficient experience or skill, is a fallacy. The go-around is not strictly an emergency procedure. It is a normal maneuver that may at times be used in an emergency situation. Like any other normal maneuver, the go-around must be practiced and perfected. The flight instructor should emphasize early on, and the student pilot should be made to understand, that the go-around maneuver is an alternative to any approach and/or landing.

Although the need to discontinue a landing may arise at any point in the landing process, the most critical go-around will be one started when very close to the ground. Therefore, the earlier a condition that warrants a go-around is recognized, the safer the go-around/rejected landing will be.

Ref. airplanegroundschools
Ref. airplanegroundschools

2)
Obviously, I understand that with bigger airplanes the pilot can touchdown and then having enough power, speed and
Without using the reverse, they may takeoff again. That is, the go-around is after touching ground, but without losing much speed. (one instance, with the occurence of heavy crosswinds/windshear)

Ref. youtube

(that's the case, specially of the last planes...)

A rejected landing (also referred to as an aborted landing) is defined as a go-around maneuver initiated after touchdown of the main landing gear or after bouncing.
Although a rare occurrence, a rejected landing is a challenging maneuver decided and conducted in an unanticipated and unprepared manner.

Recovery from a high bounce:
In case of a more severe bounce, do not attempt to land, as the remaining runway length might not be sufficient to stop the aircraft.
The following generic go-around technique can be applied:
• Maintain a normal landing pitch attitude;
Initiate a go-around by triggering go-around levers and/or advancing throttle/thrust
Levers to the go-around thrust position
(depending on aircraft type);...

Ref. skybrary
(source: Airbus)

===============
Perhaps you tought about case 2) and I was talking about 1), hence the different interpretations. I see your point, as per definition 2).
Certa vez vi em um filme um avião arremeter (pousar incorretamente e tornar a subir) e o piloto em terra disse: "He Porpoised". Conclui que Purpoise só poderia significar arremeter.
60110 6 45 1070
Metaphorically it could be. Because porpoise is a kind of dolphin, so I think it was in terms of imagery.
And is a 'privy' information of sorts. Not everyone knows that a porpoise is a dolphin.
I do know that porpoise is a dolphin and understood it as a metaphor, but a genuine word, since it was said in a movie by professional pilots, so, though it may be an occupational jargon, in my opinion, it is better than all suggestions I saw above. By the way, I am a sworn translator (tradutor juramentado), I have dual citizenship (USA and Brazil) and it is an honor to belong to this group. Thank you for your attention.
63295 22 99 1535
it is better than all suggestions I saw above
It is an option, but definitely not better than the more common ones mentioned on the thread.
60110 6 45 1070
Excuse me Tarcisio. I might have expressed myself poorly.
I mean, the intent wasn't to invalidate your answer, I just wasn't acquainted with it and haven't seen it in a usual way. From a standpoint of an intermediate English learner here, of course.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Nothing to worry about, PPaulo. It is a pleasure to be here with so many knowledgeable people, and try to help as much as I can. I, myself, also learn several peculiar expressions and words here and I am happy to be part of this exchange of ideas. Thank you.
60110 6 45 1070
You are welcome.
Again, thanks for sharing with us. English is really vast, it never ceases to amaze and surprise us. I have learned a lot of English around here, and sometimes I have even learned new Portuguese words. :-)
60110 6 45 1070
The Boldmethod site provided the imagery I had in my mind, I had made an analogy with the "stone skipping" play, analogous with the dolphin 'skipping' in the water (I mean the Physics of it seems the same to the observer, or at least it can be somehow compared).
After such oscillation, the pilot could choose if to perform a go-around or a landing, both demanding specific technical skills of piloting.
Thanks, Tarcisio and the others for your contributions. Aeronautics, aerodynamics, airplanes, and all that jazz are fascinating subjects!

boldmethod
Curso English Experts Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido?

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!