Como dizer "Três beijinhos pra casar" em inglês

Zumstein 12000 1 26 394
Assim: (A turma ao se cumprimentar)

1º beijo: smack! 2º beijo: smack! 3º beijo: - Esse é pra casar: smack!

O pessoal lá do "USA" tem esse costume? Se tem, o que dizem?
Anúncio Você tem medo de falar inglês? - Se você já estudou inglês mas ainda se sente inseguro(a) saiba que o primeiro passo é se expor ao idioma. Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor de inglês nativo, você vai se surpreender o quanto isso pode fazer a diferença.

Começar agora!
8 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Alessandro 3655 3 11 85
Zumstein,

Eles são bem frios nas relações. Acho que não existe esse costume dos três beijinhos sobretudo no primeiro contato. Isso é coisa de brasileiro, acredito eu.
Donay Mendonça 63685 22 99 1547
Veja um trecho interessante, que complementa a resposta do Alessandro:

Brazilian Culture - Discover the Brazilian Way of Life

1.Men usually shake hands when greeting one another, and keep eye contact.

2.Women usually kiss each other on their cheeks. Twice when both are married, three times when one of them is single. On this case, the married one says "Três, pra casar!", meaning 'three kisses, for you to get married".

Fonte:

learn-portuguese-now.com
Flavia.lm 4100 1 10 95
Povo, fui pra Montreal uma vez, e lá eles se cumprimentam com 2 beijinhos. O problema é que nós normalmente viramos primeiro a bochecha direita pra pessoa, né? Lá é o contrário!! Mega perigo de sair beijando as pessoas na boca sem querer!!

Fiquei tres semanas nos States, no penultimo dia um brasileiro gente boa se despediu de mim com um beijo no rosto e eu quase me apaixonei por ele, tamanha era a minha carencia! Povinho FRIO!!!

===

Donay, eu nunca perguntei pra nenhuma mulher se ela era solteira ou casada antes de cumprimenta-la! Uma coisa que percebi no meu contato com nao-paulistas é que o povo de outros estados normalmente dao dois beijos, as vezes ate tres. Aqui em SP é um só! Dizem que é pq paulistas are always in a hurry :? povo mal educado!! :lol:
Thomas 14810 7 60 288
Before judging another culture, you be interested in reading this article.

Ethnocentrism Wikipedia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ethnocentrism is making value judgments about another culture from perspectives of one's own cultural system. The ethnocentric individual will judge other groups relative to his or her own particular ethnic group or culture, especially with concern to language, behavior, customs, and religion. These ethnic distinctions and sub-divisions serve to define each ethnicity's unique cultural identity.[1]
Contents
[hide]

1 Origins of the concept and its study
2 Anthropology
3 Biology and evolutionary theory
4 See also
5 References
6 Further reading
7 External links

[edit] Origins of the concept and its study

The term ethnocentrism was coined by William G. Sumner, upon observing the tendency for people to differentiate between the ingroup and others. He defined it as "the technical name for the view of things in which one's own group is the center of everything, and all others are scaled and rated with reference to it."[2] He further characterized it as often leading to pride, vanity, beliefs of one's own group's superiority, and contempt of outsiders.[3] Robert K. Merton comments that Sumner's additional characterization robbed the concept of some analytical power because, Merton argues, centrality and superiority are often correlated, but need to be kept analytically distinct.[2]

Anthropologists such as Franz Boas and Bronislaw Malinowski argued that any human science had to transcend the ethnocentrism of the scientist. Both urged anthropologists to conduct ethnographic fieldwork in order to overcome their ethnocentrism. Boas developed the principle of cultural relativism and Malinowski developed the theory of functionalism as guides for producing non-ethnocentric studies of different cultures. The books The Sexual Life of Savages in North-Western Melanesia, by Malinowski, Patterns of Culture by Ruth Benedict and Coming of Age in Samoa by Margaret Mead (two of Boas's students) are classic examples of anti-ethnocentric anthropology.
[edit] Anthropology

People who are born into a particular culture and grow up absorbing the values and behaviors of the culture will develop patterns of thought reflecting the culture as normal.[4] If people then experience other cultures that have different values and normal behaviors, they will find that the thought patterns appropriate to their birth culture and the meanings their birth culture attaches to behaviors are not appropriate for the new cultures. However, since people are accustomed to their birth culture, it can be difficult for them to see the behaviors of people from a different culture from the viewpoint of that culture rather than from their own.[5]

Examples of ethnocentrism include religiously patterned constructs claiming a divine association like "divine nation", "One Nation under God", "God's Own Country", "God's Chosen People" and "God's Promised Land".[6] ("Deus é brasileiro"?)

In Precarious Life, Judith Butler discusses recognizing the Other in order to sustain the Self and the problems of not being able to identify the Other. Butler notes 'that identification always relies upon a difference that it seeks to overcome, and that its aim is accomplished only by reintroducing the difference it claims to have vanquished. The one with whom I identify is not me, and that 'not being me' is the condition of the identification. Otherwise, as Jacqueline Rose reminds us, 'identification collapses into identity, which spells the death of identification itself' (146).[7] However, Butler's understanding of Self and Other is Eurocentric itself because she writes that one cannot recognize Self unless it is through the Other. Therefore, Self and Other are limited through a language of binary codes. Considering that language is essential to culture, individuals will know themselves through the result of language plus culture. Dichotomous language is embedded in English and similar languages; however, dichotomous language is not universal. Indeed, there are few dichotomies in many Indigenous and non-European languages (Battiste and Henderson 76).[8] It is by looking into the language of a culture that one will be able to see oneself in relation to one's environment and one's place in the world.
Flavia.lm 4100 1 10 95
Thomas, please allow me to say I am sorry for using the word "frio" to refers to Americans. We Brazilians do have this "need" for close contact, and sometimes we feel really disappointed when someone just say "hello" instead of hugging and kissing.
But remember, I was not obliged to go there, I really enjoyed both the place and the people, and calling them "frios" was just a comparision - though yes, I still love Brazil more than I love the US. By the way, I think that if I were that ethnocentric, I wouldn't even study another language, don't you think?
Curso English Experts Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido?

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Adriano Japan 920 2 19
Eles são bem frios nas relações.
Seriously folks, what are you smoking??
Have you ever thought about the idea you'd be saying nothing but misconceived bullcrap?
When I want to "keep warm" while in Japan, China or anywhere else outside the Western world, I simply get together and hang aroung with n americans, europeans and australians expats, just to have the good warm feeling of being home.
It's funny to watch japanese ppl all beet red and fish out of the water (what's most interesting, in their very own country!) when they just step in a big american house party or a "international friendship" thing event (i.e.: distressed japanese gals seeking warm, passionate Westerns) and notice everybody around kissing and hugging as their very first introduction.
They also get amazed about how we westerns can be silly enough to do unexpected foolish things just to make ppl laugh, while not giving a rat's ass about the so established "social conducts".
(a good reading here).

Back to the topic,yeah, Asians aren't familiar with this (nice!) custom, but there is nothing more wonderful than knowing how to respect a different culture.
Sometimes I even rather receive a bow or a shy smile instead getting ppl I barely know coming with a big slap in my back just to say "hi".
Yes, brazilians ARE proud, all that "calor brasileiro" thing just because they can walk all naked around while no one else has the guts(?) to do it.
Thomas 14810 7 60 288
It really bothers me when someone makes a sweeping statement about a race, nationality, etc. If someone wants to hate me because they know me, I respect their good taste. But know me first. Don't assume that I am this way or that way because of the color of my skin, my ethnic background, etc.

We all know that Argentines are arrogant jerks. But are they? I have dated two Porteñas, been a member of two Argentine clubs in California, crossed Argentina three times, and had wonderful experiences with them. In Gramado an Argentine told me that his son had been beaten simply because he was from Argentina. Stupid!

Many Argentine will tell you that Chileans are all alcoholics. I have dated two Chileans, been a member of the Club Chileno de Deportes in Los Angeles, and been in Chile twice. I have met some fine people from Chile.

I get particularly annoyed when someone tells me that all Americans are racist. My family has blacks, mulatos, Indians, Hispanics... I have been accused more than once of being prejudiced against Latins. Nobody can explain to me which half of my son I hate. He's American and Costa Rican.

Flavia, I appreciate your apology. I respect you more than ever.

In our culture, it is bad manners to touch another person without permission. (I have worked with Boy Scouts almost all my life. Leaders are trained not to touch child without asking permission? Some may see that as proof of our "cold" personalities. I see it as proof of our respect for others.) True, sometimes the permission is implied not actually given. I love to give and get hugs and kisses from my relatives and friends. I think the last Brazilian friend to give me hug still owes me Br$2.500 reais he swore he was going to pay back in 90 days. He has moved from Porto Alegre to some place around Ivoti, he has blocked my telephone calls, and he doesn''t answer my emails. Mas tinha tanto calor brasileiro. rsrsrs I would have preferred less abraços and fewer lies and some money. rsrsrs

Adriano, we are on the same page. I enjoyed reading your comments.
Flavia.lm 4100 1 10 95
Thank you, Thomas.

Guys, we´re getting offtopic here. I made a mistake and apologized, now let's get back to the translation.
Teste de Nível Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Iniciar o Teste Online!