Bit of a number - Tradução em português

Encontrei a expressão BIT OF A NUMBER enquanto lia a biografia de Amy Pond, a minha companheira favorita de Doctor Who. A frase completa é:
Executive producer Piers Wenger stated that Amy was intended to be "feisty and outspoken and a BIT OF A NUMBER. Amy is probably the wildest companion that the Doctor has travelled with, but she isn’t promiscuous.".
Alguém tem alguma ideia de tradução? Como conheço a personagem imagino que ela signifique algo como ligeiramente doida.

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
My hunch is that ''a number" there would be " that, on the Freedictionary.com

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/number
8. a group or band of people, esp an exclusive group

In this case, it would mean "eles eram realmente um grupo."

========================================================
Or maybe it means :

number - a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program; "he did his act three times every evening"; "she had a catchy little routine"; "it was one of the best numbers he ever did"

(source the same FreeDictionary under the entry "number")

In that case the were "um show a parte". Isto é, eles se destacavam (a ponto deser teatral, talvez), como você nota quando um artista ou grupo tem realmente "um bom número para mostrar."
Anyway, to me, they "davam um show", intentionally or not. And that draw the attention of the author and certainly of others.
I favor this one over the first perception.

=================
Well, let´s wait and see if others think alike or otherwise.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Ah, yes, if we think of the character being feisty as it is, certainly she "gosta de dar show'' or "é um show a parte", so we can´t rule out that she might or might not be "ligeiramente doida/doidinha", but then it could be just her ways. And that opinion wouldn´t affect the judgement in itself, but then it could be the case the executive producer really wanted to say that she was "a handful" with her ways.

Reading the bio further you will know/decide wich trait/characteristic applies to the character.