Past Simple TenseSomeone got in my waySomeone stood in my wayPresent Perfect TenseSomeone has gotten in my waySomeone has stood in my way
I strongly recommend you pay attention to the post:
(2) https://www.englishexperts.com.br/in-x-into-x-on-x-onto/To get in the way [of someone] / To get in one's way
- to prevent someone to do something.To stand in the way [of someone] / To stand in one's way
Literal meaning: To be stand in front of someone / To be stand opposite someone. [estar posicionado na frente / oposto a alguém].
Figurative meaning: To get in someone's way / To be in someone's way. [incomodar / atrapalhar / deter alguém]
Am I in the way? = Eu incomodo? / Estou atrapalhando?
You can watch but don't get in the way. = Pode assistir, mas não atrapalhe.
Now no-one stands in our way. = Nobody is in our way now. = Não há ninguém em nosso caminho.
Corrupt politicians stands in the way of Brazil's progress. = Os políticos corruptos atrapalham o progresso do Brasil.
_To come someone's way
comes our way, it happens to us, or it becomes available.
Several chances came our way but we missed them.
Diversas chances surgiram em nosso caminho, mas nós as perdemos.
(1) MacMillan Online Dictionary.
(2) Collins Online Dictionary.
(3) KERNERMAN, Lionel. Password - English Dictionary for Speakers of Portuguese based on Semi-bilingual approach to lexicograph for foreign language learners. Password Publishers Ltd. 1998.