What has been your greatest discovery online?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Question: What has been your greatest discovery online?

Examples of answers:

• English Experts, needless to say.
  • You definitely wouldn't like to know what I discovered online. :roll:
  • I discovered that the Internet can bring you closer to people who are far away from you and drive you away from people who are close to you.
  • I discovered it is possible to study, keep contact with people who I haven’t had the opportunity to see since a long time, make some money, have some fun, etc etc etc.

NIIYT – Now it is your turn!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
This is an easy question for me to answer!!

In September of 2001 I was surfing the web and came upon a site called "Matchmakers.com". As a joke I said what the heck, and registered and they selected a lady at random, little did I realize that in two short months that lady, Cristina Panizza, and myself would be married. So I think it is safe to say that my greatest discovery online was my bride.

By the way this is a true story, without any artistic license used.
I was able to learn English.
Avatar do usuário DHST 680 1 2 12
It was English Experts and TeclaSap, both are very good!
But I spend more time here on EE! kkk
DHST escreveu:It was English Experts and TeclaSap, both are very good!
But I spend more time here on EE! kkk

DHST,

A minor suggestion if you do not mind; since you have two discoveries you need a plural pronoun or noun, which leads me to suggest one of the following.

Acceptable - "They were English Experts and TeclaSap, both are very good!"

I would prefer - "My greatest online discoveries were English Experts and TeclaSap, both are very good!"

I hope this helps you in your English Studies, please let me know what you think.
Avatar do usuário DHST 680 1 2 12
kk, thank you very much for correcting!
I didn't even realize I should've used "they were" or something like that, since it wasn't only one discovery, but two!
Feel free to correct me anytime... :lol:
I think I kind of wrote it as I would write in Portuguese... :shock:
First of all internet gave me my husband, we met each other in "almagemeas.com", an old site just like "Matchmakers.com". Then, I discovered a new world where almost all things that I can imagine are possible!
Obviously, free por- I mean..... Torrent websites! My HD wouldn't be half as full if it wasn't for them!
patriciasrv escreveu:First of all internet gave me my husband, we met each other in "almagemeas.com", an old site just like "Matchmakers.com". Then, I discovered a new world where almost all things that I can imagine are possible!

Patricia,

Congradulations on your internet assisted marriage. I would like to suggest one very minor improvement to your post which would be to add "the" after "all", so that the first sentence would read "First of all the internet gave ...", otherwise very nicely done.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
Hi,

The greatest discovery onlines was EE which help me improve my English!

Hugs,
Eduardo