1. Read the following text - Leiam o texto a seguir
Depression may be described as feeling sad, blue, unhappy, miserable, or down in the dumps. Most of us feel this way at one time or another for short periods.
True clinical depression is a mood disorder in which feelings of sadness, loss, anger, or frustration interfere with everyday life for an extended period of time.
If you are depressed for 2 weeks or longer, you should contact your doctor, who can offer treatment options. If you have moderate to severe depression, the most effective treatment plan will likely be a combination of counseling and medication.
- Down in the dumps: muito triste, na fossa
- Most of us: a maioria das pessoas
- At one time or another: vez ou outra
- Mood disorder: distúrbio de humor
- Or longer: ou mais
- Will likely be: provavelmente vai ser
- Counseling: terapia
2. Answer the questions – Respondam as perguntas
A. How can you describe depression?
B. What is the most effective treatment for severe depression?
3. Mark True or False - Verdadeiro ou falso
A. Depression is common at one time or another for short periods. (...)
B. Depression is important to people. (...)
C. Doctors cannot help you. (...)
D. Depression doesn’t exist in Brazil. (...)