There seems to be no x There no seems

A frase "There seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere" pode ser escrita também como "There no seems sign of intelligent life anywhere".

Eu queria saber qual é mais recomendada de se utilizar e por quê.

Qual é a mais formal e qual a mais informal.

Obrigado!

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
The second one is unnatural. I would suggest sticking to the first one.
Leonardo96 19 293
"There no seems" nao é uma estrutura de frase correta e não existe.

Alem da outra opção tambem se poderia escrever essa frase da seguinte forma:

There doesn't seem to be any form of intelligent life anywhere.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Leo, it would work just the same.
Just a detail I would point out: the "there seems to be no..." would translate into "parece não existir/haver..." whereas with the sentence "there doesn't seem to be..." would be "não parece existir/haver...".
In everyday writing, it doesn´t makes much difference most of the time. One can see one translated just the same with the different forms on Linguee, just to mention one. But just a grammar aside, in case of the newbie, the new learner want to know.
NeyF 3 24 206
There seems to be segue uma extrutura padrão.

There used to be
There must be
There should be
There may be.
Leonardo96 19 293
PPAULO escreveu: 10 Jan 2020, 16:58 Leo, it would work just the same.
Just a detail I would point out: the "there seems to be no..." would translate into "parece não existir/haver..." whereas with the sentence "there doesn't seem to be..." would be "não parece existir/haver...".
In everyday writing, it doesn´t makes much difference most of the time. One can see one translated just the same with the different forms on Linguee, just to mention one. But just a grammar aside, in case of the newbie, the new learner want to know.
I know it would be the same, Paulo. I just suggested that other sentence for the sake of having a "backup option". Just don't go with "there no seems", please! Oh and don't forget that when you use "does not", the verb following it stays in the neutral form. I've noticed that about your English which came off as rather surprising to me given your overall level of it. Thought i'd point it out to you if you don't mind...
APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Oh such a slip... Ha ha! It should be "doesn´t make", you are right. Thanks for pointing it out, it´s a case of haste makes waste! Anyway, feel free to let me aware of such blunders.
Everyone makes mistakes, and I am more than happy to be corrected. ;-) Thanks for your insights, participation and teamwork skills.