Caros amigos do English Experts, hoje eu gostaria de apresentar uma das piadas do meu novo livro “Sorria, você está aprendendo inglês!”. Espero que o vocabulário apresentado abaixo seja útil.
A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving each other the silent treatment.
Suddenly, the man realized that the next day, he would need his wife to wake him at 5:00am for an early morning business flight.
Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece of paper, ‘Please wake me at 5:00am.’ He left it where he knew she would find it.
The next morning, the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00am and he had missed his flight. Furious, he was about to go and see why his wife hadn’t wakened him, when he noticed a piece of paper by the bed.
The paper said, ‘It is 5:00am. Wake up.’
Men are not equipped for these kinds of contests.
Vocabulário (termos em negrito)
- giving each other the silent treatment: recusando-se a falar um com o outro
- suddenly: de repente
- realized: percebeu
- wake him at 5:00am: acordá-lo às 5 horas da manhã
- business flight: vôo de negócios
- break the silence: quebrar o silêncio
- had missed his flight: havia perdido o vôo
- he was about to…: ele estava prestes a…
- men are not equipped for these kinds of contests: os homens não estão preparados para este tipo de competição