Apologize x "I am sorry": Qual a diferença

Hey galera, gostaria de saber como usar cada um desses modos de pedir licença e se desculpar em inglês e a diferença entre cada um deles.

Best regards

Anúncio Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu nível de inglês. Perder o medo de se comunicar é o primeiro passo para a fluência. Cadastre-se na Cambly e experimente o método sem compromisso.

Iniciar Conversação
2 respostas
Thomas 7 60 288
Importa se te escreva em inglês?

There is a difference between the two. True, sometimes it is difficult to tell them apart.

(a) You apologize when you acknowledge the blame for something. Usually, you are the person at fault. Sometimes, however, you are apologizing for your child, your friend, etc. Sometimes you accept the guilt although there is no way you could be guilty. You are simply being courteous and giving the injured a target if they wish to complain.
(b) When you say you are sorry, you are expressing sorrow/sadness/emotional pain/loss, etc. for something that has happened.

(a1) I apologize for the death of your uncle. (I killed him because he cheered when Gremios made three goals during the game on Saturday. In RGS, that would be justifiable homicide.)
(b1) I am sorry for you uncle's death. (He should not have been swimming among all those sharks. We told him to get out of the water, but he had been drinking. Most of all, I am sorry because he died owing me about fifty dollars.)

In (a1) I killed him and I accept the blame.
In (b1) sharks killed him and I was not to blame.

(a2) I apologize for my brother-on-law. The guy is a jerk.
(b2) [ am sorry for my brother-on-law[. The guy is a jerk.

In (a2) I accept responsibility for the actions of my jerk brother-in-law. The guy is stupid and a pig. Obviously, it is not my fault the guy is stupid and insensitive, but I will accept the blame because I know he never will.
In (b2) the actions of of my jerk brother-in-law embarrass me, and I feel very badly that he vomited on you. It's not my fault, but I share your pain and discomfort. I am on your side, not his.

When a child does something stupid that hurts another physically or emotionally, parents often say "Apoligize!" or "Say you are sorry!" Nevertheless, they are NOT truly interchangeable. In the first, the parent is demanding that the child accept responsibility for his actions, but in the second the parent is demanding an expression of sadness. They are NOT the same thing.
interesting explanation guy. I have to confess that even with it this comparation is a little bit hard to understand but I will try to know some phrases in different situations. Thanks
Ainda precisa de ajuda? Confira algumas opções:
  1. Clique no botão "Responder" (abaixo) e faça sua pergunta sobre este assunto;
  2. Faça uma nova pergunta;
  3. Converse grátis com um professor nativo por 15 minutos: Saiba como!