How does the media affect people's lives?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3845 1 9 85
Question: How does the media affect people's lives?

We are in the information era. Most of people spend most of the day connected to Internet. Everybody is talking about the recent news that is broadcasted on TV. It is possible to receive instant news via cell phones, during all day long. In short, information is easily reachable even by the ones who are not interested in reaching it. For this reason, it is important to have discernment to filter the “incomplete” news and identify that it is likely to have some additional information that was - intentionally - "left out".

Now it's your turn!
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12290 1 21 206
A one liner here. It makes people greatly or inordinately dependent on every piece of news that the media dishes out.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Today everything happens very quickly, the news are sent in real time, and most of the population is connected to some kind of device that allows even though virtually be integrated with the world. Besides that the media sometimes leave people a little lazy because they do not seek any other information than through television or the Internet. So They're losing the habit to read, and get information through newspapers and magazines for example.
Avatar do usuário RenanKenplers 55 1
Perhaps because it makes an individual think that s/he needs to follow a particular tendence.

A relative question, isn't it?
Avatar do usuário josneywat 290 6
I don't watch television. I get info from variable sources so that I will get a reliable turth. They want to brainwash the entire world population. The planet is doomed.
Avatar do usuário Jerry Dorien 1360 3 34
Hi friends,

The media is a powerful tool that spread the news in a incredible speed and it entertains us, instructs and influences. however, not all that it shows is benefical or educational, the media shows both sides good or bad, and it grabs our attention sometimes for several hours, and it estimulates ours emotions,imagine how a simple Picture can make us feel joy, sadness or anger and now imagine a child in stage of growth learning and repeating all of things by see and hear.

let's keep an eye out for what our children are learning!!!!
Well, it envolves sereval facts, like the people's brain. People who has a weak knowledge of life, experience, can't face the fame, if talking about it. When people watch to.. movies, interviews, daily attitudes, accidents, murders on tv, prison, traffic, among others, they can try to do the same like them, and it happens even with the famous people. They have the weakest brain, because they don't know how to administrate their money, their fame, and their particularity at the same time.
There is no doubt that the media has been affecting our lives continuously. Depending on the media, it affects us positively or negatively. So, we have to be able to determine which media or news is reliable or not .
ailime escreveu:There is no doubt that the media has been affecting our lives continuously. Depending on the media, it affects us positively or negatively. So, we have to be able to determine which media or news is reliable or not .

The only suggestion this time and it is for clarity. "... The particular media outlet will determine whether the effect is positive or negative. ..."

Excellent grammar, and construction. :D
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!

I think that you`ve misunderstood me, this time. I meant, when the media is strongly biased and broadcasts a determined news in a malicious way, this may influence negativelly the mind of those who are watching the news, making them believe that the news is a fact, and sometimes it is not totally right.
I hope I could have clarified.