How does the media affect people's lives?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
ENG_rafael escreveu:Bill,

I agree with your changes in my text, it flows better now.

I made mistakes like LIFES instead of LIVES. I enjoyed the using of THROUGHOUT instead of
IN DIFFERENT POINTS OF... one word can substitute one expression, that's amazing!

I have a doubt on the final of my text.
I wrote: "...a personage of 1984 that's a novel of George Orwell..."
You wrote: "...the negative aspect is George Orwell's novel "1984"..

Is wrong write A NOVEL OF GEORGE ORWELL instead the form you wrote?

One question more, can you give me synonyms of the expression ON OTHER HAND? I don't find out them.

Rafael,

If you want to use the form above you must use " A novel BY George Orwell" meaning he wrote it, of would imply that it was about him.

On the other hand is and idiom meaning to look at something from a different point of view, On the one hand "ABC" and on the other hand it is "CBA"

Thank you so much!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Bill,

I understand your response to my questions.

When I told you about that idiom, I wanted some different and common idioms (words too) with the same meaning in order to improve my vocabulary.

Again, thanks a lot!
ENG_rafael escreveu:Bill,

I understand your response to my questions.

When I told you about that idiom, I wanted some different and common idioms (words too) with the same meaning in order to improve my vocabulary.

Again, thanks a lot!

Rafael and Everyone,

In the English language there are almost to many idioms and phrases to count. ;) However, with that being said you can peruse and scrutinize these two sites for more on "Idioms and Phrases". I could archive those that I can remember, but your studies would be better served by looking them up.

http://www.idiomsite.com
http://www.idiomconnection.com

To improve your vocabulary look up:
peruse
scrutinize
archive

Thank you for your reply.
Bill,
Thanks for those sites!
Avatar do usuário felipeh6 2170 7 53
Media can influence most part of people. If you don't have your own opinion, if you don't know how to filter information that you are receiving from all medias, then you're in their hands, and sometimes, they can even manipulate you. And imagine if some media is bad intentioned. So, be careful!

TÓPICOS RELACIONADOS