What is the best book you've ever read?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Title: A Serie of Unfortunate Events
Author: Lemony Snicket

(13 vol.)

That's for adolescent readers ... good to improve english!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
I really like to read.

My favorite book is "Sofia's World". I also like to read Agatha Christie's books.
Avatar do usuário claudemircloud 115 1
yeah dude, A Brief History of Time is really pretty good.

Now I am reading "Angels and Devils","Avatar", "The Grand Design", and "Terra Novae"
The best book I've ever read was "The seller of dreams" By Augusto Cury.
Jedson escreveu:The best book I've ever read was "The seller of dreams" By Augusto Cury.

Jedson,

The only suggestion I would have, and it is a very very minor one, would be to use a comma after was, i.e. ... "ever read was, "The ..."

Overall a concise and well written sentence. :D
Greetings,

The best book I have ever read is the novel Nausea by Jean-Paul Sartre. It has been causing impact in my life since I read it one year ago.

I love his novels and intend to read all of them.

See you folks!
ENG_rafael escreveu:Greetings,

The best book I have ever read is the novel Nausea by Jean-Paul Sartre. It has been causing impact in my life since I read it one year ago.

I love his novels and intend to read all of them.

See you folks!

Rafael,

One very minor suggestion: Change your second sentence to read ... "has been impacting my life" ... In this case "causing" and "in" are not necessary as 'impacting" strongly implies these words. This is more concise, and I think slightly clearer. I have to admit, it is not much of an improvement, however small things often make a large difference.

What do you think?
Bill,

Well, I enjoy "the very minor change" you did which means a lot to me! I agree your suggestion improve my version, especially as regards to concision.

Please, feel free to show me the niceties. ;)
Well, i have the "bestS"

- Mist of Avalon (Brumas de Avalon)
- Lord of the rings (O senhor dos anéis)

And a few of Anne Rice.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
ENG_rafael escreveu:Bill,

Well, I enjoy "the very minor change" you did which means a lot to me! I agree your suggestion improve my version, especially as regards to concision.

Please, feel free to show me the niceties. ;)

Rafael,

Please consider this rewrite of the above, and then tell me why I made the changes (bold type)that I did.

Well, I "enjoyed" "the very minor change" you "made", which means a lot to me! I agree that your suggestion "improves" my version, especially as "it relates" to concision.

By the way your use of concision is EXCELLENT! Concision is a word very seldom used. :D :D