Correção de texto "A Short Biography"

Olá pessoal. Eu escrevi um pequeno texto sobre uns aspectos da minha vida. Se alguém puder me ajudar apontando meus erros eu agradeceria muito.

A Short Biography

I was born and raised in Ponta Grossa, Paraná. Paraná is a Southern State of Brazil. Despite of the Brazil to be considered a tropical country, here in South may be very chilly, like now! I live with my grandmother and with three friendly cats.
In 2005 I went on to the Universidade Estadual de Ponta Grossa. I finished up my Biology degree in 2009. After, I was to a small city near here, where I worked as high school teacher. Now, I went back to university to get my master's degree. Looks like I will be a professional student, since I pretend to continue my studies in the future.
In my free time I like to play classic guitar, to camp out, to run, cycling, and to meet with my old friends to talk about anything and to drink a good beer. Currently, I have spent much time studying English by myself. Have been a great experience to know that I'm able to progressing in a foreign language this way. I have to thank to two great sites: Lingq and Englishexperts that has helped me a lot with it.

Obrigado, desde já!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
A short biography

I was born and raised in Ponta Grossa, Paraná (a state located in the southern Brazil). Even if Brazil be considered a tropical country, here is very chilly, like now! I live with my grandmother and with three friendly cats.

In 2005, I got into the University of Ponta Grossa. In 2009, I finished my Biology course. After, I went to a small town near here, where I worked as high school teacher. Now, I went back to the University to get my master's degree. I will be a professional student, since I continue my studies.

In my free time, I like to play guitar, camp out, run, cycling and meet with my old friends to talk about anything and to drink a good beer.

Currently, I've spent much time studying English by myself. It has been a great experience to know that I'm able to learn a new language this way. I have to thank to two great sites: Lingq and English Experts, because they've helped me a lot with it.
Avatar do usuário Donay Mendonça 49025 21 73 1137
Algumas sugestões de correção:

A Short Biography

I was born and raised in Ponta Grossa, Paraná. Paraná is a Southern State of Brazil. Although Brazil is considered a tropical country, it can get very cold here in the South, like now! I live with my grandmother and three friendly cats.
In 2005 I got into Universidade Estadual de Ponta Grossa. I got a degree in Biology in 2009. After that, I went to a small city near here, where I worked as high school teacher. Now, I went back to university to get my master's degree. Looks like I will be a professional student, since I intend to continue my studies in the future.
In my free time, I like to play classic guitar, to go camping, to run, to cycle, and to meet my old friends to talk about whatever and to drink good beer. Currently, I am spending a lot of time studying English by myself. It has been a great experience to know that I'm able to progress in a foreign language this way. I have to thank two great sites: Lingq and Englishexperts that have helped me a lot with it.

Ótimo texto!
Lucas e Donay, muito obrigado pela correção!
Abraço!
A Short Biography

I was born and raised in Ponta Grossa, Paraná. Paraná is a Southern State of Brazil. Although Brazil is considered a tropical country, it's very cold here in South, like now! I live with my grandmother and with three friendly cats.
In 2005 I got into the Universidade Estadual de Ponta Grossa. I finished my Biology degree in 2009. Then I worked as a high school teacher in a small city next to mine. But now, I got back to university to do my master's degree. It seems I will be a professional student, since I intend to continue my studies in the future.
In my free time I like to play the classic guitar, go out camping, run, go cycling, and meet my old friends for a talk or to drink a good beer. I've been putting in much time studying English by myself.It's great to notice that I'm able to make progress in a foreign language like this. I have to thank two great sites: Lingq and Englishexperts that has helped me a lot with it.

P.S: I changed some things in your text, I don't know if I did it correctly, I'd write like this. Congratulations, you wirte pretty well.
Thanks, @tukcxc. I appreciate your corrections!
You're welcome ;)
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
'southern' e 'state' devem estar em minúsculas.
Independente de usar "looks like" ou "seems", precisa de um "it" antes.

And I thank you on behalf of EE for your kind words!