Do you have a pet? Tell us about it.

Hi, Bill!

Thank you, again!
I learned a lot! =)

Kisses,
Dany
Anúncio Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu nível de inglês. Perder o medo de se comunicar é o primeiro passo para a fluência. Cadastre-se na Cambly e experimente o método sem compromisso.

Iniciar Conversação
I have a German Shepherd. Her name is Hanna and she is a little crazy, because she destroys everything. I can't have any plants at all. But I love her very much and she is the most intelligent animal I know.
Anielli escreveu:I have a German Shepherd. Her name is Hanna and she is a little crazy, because she destroys everything. I can't have any plants at all. But I love her very much and she is the most intelligent animal I know.
Anielli,

Each of your sentences are correct, however I think that most Americans would say or write something like this,
"I have a crazy German Shephard named Hanna who likes to chew on and destroy everything, even my plants. In spite of her faults I love her very much and she is the most intelligent animal I know."

I realize that this makes proper construction more difficult for a student, but Americans tend to use complex sentences instead of simple ones. Remember that when you combine different thoughts into one sentence you will normaly need a conjunction.
Anielli escreveu:I have a German Shepherd. Her name is Hanna and she is a little crazy, because she destroys everything. I can't have any plants at all. But I love her very much and she is the most intelligent animal I know.
Anielli,

Each of your sentences are correct, however I think that most Americans would say or write something like this,
"I have a crazy German Shephard named Hanna who likes to chew on and destroy everything, even my plants. In spite of her faults I love her very much and she is the most intelligent animal I know."

I realize that this makes proper construction more difficult for a student, but Americans tend to use complex sentences instead of simple ones. Remember that when you combine different thoughts into one sentence you will normaly need a conjunction.
I have two dogs called Boni and Teo.
They are lovely and make me very happy everytime. One Shitzu and one Maltes.
Hi, everybody! :)

I had a dog called "Bill", a beautiful German Shepherd and a Hamster "Key".

Regards.
Anúncio Descubra seu nível de inglês em 15 minutos! - Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu inglês.

Começar agora!
Fernandokant escreveu:I have two dogs called Boni and Teo.
They are lovely and make me very happy everytime. One Shitzu and one Maltes.
Fernandokant,

Please read my post about complex sentences in this thread and then consider this rewrite.

"I have two lovely dogs, a Shitzu and a Maltese whose names are Boni and Teo, and they make me very happy all the time."

I hope you can understand this and that it helps you.
Yes yes,i do have a dog.It's very noisy,i preffer cats.At the end i guess there's no difference,I love all the animals cause with them you can be sure if you're or are not loved;)
BrunoCosta escreveu:Yes yes,i do have a dog.It's very noisy,i preffer cats.At the end i guess there's no difference,I love all the animals cause with them you can be sure if you're or are not loved;)
Bruno,

With your consent, I will offer some suggestions, first if you will please read my posts in this thread about simple and complex sentences, then consider my rewrite of your post.

"Yes! I have a very noisy dog, but I actually prefer cats. However, after considering all facets of the discussion there's no real difference, I love all animals because with them you always know if you are or are not loved."

I hope that you can profit from this post.
w.slayman escreveu:
BrunoCosta escreveu:Yes yes,i do have a dog.It's very noisy,i preffer cats.At the end i guess there's no difference,I love all the animals cause with them you can be sure if you're or are not loved;)
Bruno,

With your consent, I will offer some suggestions, first if you will please read my posts in this thread about simple and complex sentences, then consider my rewrite of your post.

"Yes! I have a very noisy dog, but I actually prefer cats. However, after considering all facets of the discussion there's no real difference, I love all animals because with them you always know if you are or are not loved."

I hope that you can profit from this post.

Thank you.I have no doubt it will help me see more carefully everything i write.And i'm sure !'ll take a look at what you wrote and certainly will learn a lot more!
No, I don't have any pet. If I had, I'd like it be a cat. I have already had cats, but they've ever scaped away from my house. ): About my dogs.. them all have already died, and I've ever had many of them, but I don't like dogs.
Anúncio Descubra seu nível de inglês em 15 minutos! - Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu inglês.

Começar agora!
I have a beautiful puppy, he is very small breed pixer. I really like it, it is very important to me and is one of the best things I have today.
Eliana Cristina escreveu:I have a beautiful puppy, he is very small breed pixer. I really like it, it is very important to me and is one of the best things I have today.
Eliana Cristina,

If you will allow me, I would like to offer a couple of suggestions. I think what you were trying to say is something like this.

"I have a beautiful puppy who is a small mixed breed. I really love him, and he is very important to me being one of the best things in my life."

Please let me know what you think of the above and if I got your meaning correct. Thank you for listening to me.
ailime 1
No, I do not. But, I had loads of dogs and cats when I was young and I was still living with my parents.
Today,I have been living in a flat, so I prefer not to have any pet, although I love it.
ailime escreveu:No, I do not. But, I had loads of dogs and cats when I was young and I was still living with my parents.
Today,I have been living in a flat, so I prefer not to have any pet, although I love it.
Ailime,

Please consider using: Now I am living in ...in lieu of Today, I have been living in ... also condiser ..."animals or dogs, etc." in lieu of "it". Yielding "Now I am living in a flat, so I prefer not to have any pets, although I love animals."

Please let me know what you think.
Flavia.lm 1 10 95
"In lieu of" ?

"In lieu of" = "instead of"

one more for my collection ;)

tks, Bill!

Começar agora!
ailime 1
Bill,

nice!!

In lieu of

The teachers have accepted longer workdays in lieu of a pay cut. (tfd)

*It`s new for me too. Thanks!
Yes, I do xD Her name is Nina, I love her, she is really cute and funny, she's a little sausage xD She brought the happiness to home, and it's true, my dad said that but I didn't realize that was true, and I see a lot of lost dogs in the streets, dogs being damaged, I worry a lot with my puppy, I couldn't imagine if she was in the streets, lost, with her beautiful eyes of cuteness, crying... No, I mustn't think about it, but she is rally amazing, when I arrive at home, she gets so excited, she rolls and stay with the belly upside. I adore her!
Hi!
This is my first answer in the forum.
I've two pets, they are dogs (Nick and Lilica)
I love dogs.

Marcio_Farias 1 23 214
lilacarvalho escreveu:My father has some birds ,and I have one dog,called Mel .She's really cute and all my family love her !
So does your uncle here! LOL. Me, I used to have a tame bird[1] but the cat ate it, unfortunately.

--------------------------
[1] Red-cowled cardinal (Paroaria dominicana) known as "Galo-de-campina" in Northeastern Brazil.
Marcio_Farias escreveu:
lilacarvalho escreveu:My father has some birds ,and I have one dog,called Mel .She's really cute and all my family love her !
So does your uncle here! LOL. Me, I used to have a tame bird[1] but the cat ate it, unfortunately.

--------------------------
[1] Red-cowled cardinal (Paroaria dominicana) known as "Galo-de-campina" in Northeastern Brazil.
Marcio,

I have two very minor suggestions if you do not object.

I would prefer to see: "So does your uncle (here?) LOL ... but, unfortunately the cat ate it.
I put the first suggestion in brackets because I did not understand what you were trying to say.

Começar agora!
dlr
I thought the 'unfortunately' at the end was ok
Marcio_Farias 1 23 214
Bill, thank you for correcting yet another piece of my writing. Besides the misplaced "unfortunately" what did you not understand? Does it have anything to do with my having a niece sharing the same forum?
I had a dog that was called Layka, his race was a German shepherd. She lived 13 years and died. I never had another dog.
I have a beautiful dog , your name is Teddy.
Marcio_Farias 1 23 214
Iraci, you used an incorrect possessive. You should have stated, "... its name is..."

You use the possessive its to describe ownership of inanimate or abstract things and animals in general. In the case of Teddy, the dog you love, I recommend, "... his..." (His name is Teddy)

(Yes, you can use the possessive his even for an animal with whom you have developed a close, intimate or everlasting association.)

Começar agora!
Flavia.lm 1 10 95
iraci salum escreveu:I have a beautiful dog , your name is Teddy.

Hi Iraci,

Please consider the following rewriting:

I have a beautiful dog , its name is Teddy.

Please check the link below for further info:
uso-dos-pronomes-possessivos-t1122.html

Welcome to EE forum!
Yeah, I have eight animal but my favourites are my cats "Bernard and Romeu" They're persa :D
Ravenna 3
Mr.Emanuel1000 escreveu:Yeah, I have eight animal but my favourites are my cats "Bernard and Romeu" They're persa :D
Hey Emanuel- if you don't mind, I have some suggestions for your sentence:

"I have eight pets"

"and my favourite ones are my two Persian cats Bernard and Romeu"

*Gato(s) persa = Persian cat(s)
Yeah, I have a pet.
In 2007, I adopted a cute 10-month-old female cat from my local Minnesota shelter(also called Animal Rescue). Its name is Catho. Oh my, she's so adorable. Actually, she is my buddy and she likes to chase squirrels, birds, you know it's a cat thing. hahhaha
Uh oh...one more thing, she is a bilingual cat.I mean it. LOL. She learned how to say "let's go" in Portuguese, and believe it or not guys, when she wants to go play outside or whatever she needs me, 24/7 saying the same word: VAMOS VAMOS.
Ainda precisa de ajuda? Confira algumas opções:
  1. Clique no botão "Responder" (abaixo) e faça sua pergunta sobre este assunto;
  2. Faça uma nova pergunta;
  3. Converse grátis com um professor nativo por 15 minutos: Saiba como!