Correção de texto: "I knew how it felt to be an outsider"

I knew how it felt to be an outsider

It's very common in school classes students organize themselves into closed groups of friends. I not used to be popular at school, but I at least used to belong of a group. However, it was not always so. At one of the schools where I've studied I started later, when all group of friends were already formed. There, I knew how it felt to be an outsider. Luckly, the classmates were very nice and I slowly got to become friend with them throught the year.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39205 6 32 684
It´s very common in schools preteens and teenagers group togheter and join cliques.
[organizing in closed groups isn´t bad in itself, provided that is not to a bad goal]

I was not used to be popular at school time, but sometimes I did belong to a group. It didn ´t always happened, tough. For instance, at one school I had arrived after the middle of the term and the cliques were already had been created. Then, I learned how it felt to be an outsider. Fortunately, the classmates were nice toward me there, I slowly won their friendship over the year.

===========
Might have other versions, or comments to improve the current one, let´s wait them. Okay?
Avatar do usuário Donay Mendonça 49115 21 73 1138
Sugestões de correção:

In schools, it's very common for students to organize themselves into closed groups of friends. I didn't use to be popular at school, but I at least used to belong to a group. However, it was not always so. At one of the schools where I studied, I started later, when all the groups of friends were already formed. There, I knew how it felt to be an outsider. Luckily, the classmates were very nice and I slowly got to become friends with them throughout the year.
Thanks ppaulo! Thanks donay!