Correção de texto: Introduction to my journey

Avatar do usuário Marcelo Pias 640 1 2 14
Hey English Experts users, what's up? ;D
I just created a blog and this is my first post:

"Hey guys, how's it going? I hope you all are doing great.

That's my first post on my blog. The main reason I created this blog is to improve my writing skills in English. I've been practicing listening, reading and even a little bit of speaking but I have kind of left aside writing exercises. This blog will be my tool, writing-wise. In order to improve I need corrections from native speaker of the English language, it doesn't matter if they are from USA, England, Canada etc. Advanced English speakers as well as fluent ones are welcome to help me too.

My level

I usually describe my level as intermediate, although I'm much more close to the advanced level than to the intermediate one. I will divide this section in 4, listening, reading, speaking and writing in order to give you a detailed description of my current level.

Listening:
That's the skill I spend most of time working on. People say the more you listen the better you will be as a speaker. I totally agree. I listen to a lot of podcasts, movies, TV Shows, music and so on. I always pick materials made by and to native speakers, that's the way I've been getting used to the real English spoken by real people. In my opinion, the key here is to listen to things you enjoy. I don't usually 'study' the language, I prefer to 'use' it instead.

(post unfinished yet)"

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário Artful Dodger 4500 6 13 103
Hey guys, how's it going? I hope you all are doing great.

This is the first post of my blog, (1) which is meant to improve my writing skills in English. I've been practicing listening, reading and even a little bit of speaking, but I have kind of left aside writing exercises. This blog will be my tool, writing-wise. In order to improve myself, I need corrections from native speakers of English; it doesn't matter if they are from USA, England, Canada etc. Advanced English speakers, as well as fluent ones, are welcome to help me too.

My level

I usually define my level as upper-intermediate (2), because I'm much closer to the advanced level than to the intermediate one. In order to give you a detailed description of my current linguistic level, I will divide this section into four parts: listening, reading, speaking and writing (3).

Listening

This is the skill I spend most of my time working on. People say that the more you listen, the better you will be as a speaker. I totally agree. I listen to a lot of podcasts, movies, TV Shows, music and so on. I always pick materials made by and for native speakers; that's the way I've been getting used to the real English, spoken by real people. In my opinion, the key here is to listen to things I enjoy. I don't usually 'study' the language, I prefer to 'use' it instead.

Correction key:
Italic: not necessarily wrong, but it probably did not sound good the way it was originally written.
Bold: problems with grammar, vocabulary or spelling.

(1) I felt like it was better to join the first two sentences together.
(2) Upper-intermediate is how you define someone who's close from being an advanced speaker, yet not quite there.
(3) This sentence sounds better this way, don't you think?

Cheers!

P.S.: I have been correcting your texts for a while and it's perfectly noticeable how you have improved. Keep on the great work!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário Marcelo Pias 640 1 2 14
Thanks man!
All the improvement is due to my hard work! :D

I'll highlight what you have corrected and finish my post.

Cheers