Do you work to live or live to work?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Question: Do you work to live or live to work?

Answer: We should all work to live, but reality is not always that way. Some people prioritize their careers and forget about family, friends, hobbies, health, dreams. This kind of people gets old and rich and decides to enjoy life, but then he discovers there’s nobody around because he’s a grumbler and annoying person that doesn’t even know how to talk to people because he spent all his life working. The end.
(Tragic, eh?)

Two very good movies about this topic are “A Family Man” and “Sweet November”. Worth watching.

Thanks to Tracy from EE chat for suggesting the question.

Now it’s your turn!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Flavia.lm escreveu:Question: Do you work to live or live to work?

Answer: We should all work to live, but reality is not always that way. Some people prioritize their careers and forget about family, friends, hobbies, health, dreams. This kind of people gets old and rich and decides to enjoy life, but then he discovers there’s nobody around because he’s a grumbler and annoying person that doesn’t even know how to talk to people because he spent all his life working. The end.
(Tragic, eh?)

Two very good movies about this topic are “A Family Man” and “Sweet November”. Worth watching.

Thanks to Tracy from EE chat for suggesting the question.

Now it’s your turn!

Flavia,

Please consider changing the highlighted and underlined portions of the second sentence as follows: use the singular "person" in place of the plural "people", and add the indefinate article "an" before "annoying person". I think the sentence in question should read, "This kind of person gets old and rich and decides to enjoy life, but then he discoveres there's nobody around because he's a grumbler and an annoying person ... .
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Yes, "person", for sure. Thank you very much, Bill!
I work to live
Hey Flávia you're an Accountant and I'm an Accounting Analyst. Although I think this question can be answered with the same response by each us I'll give you my answer. I've been working a lot since I started to attend College, and when I started to work nearly 6 year ago I usually worked to live, but now in my condition I live to work I spend all day long 8~~11 hours at the company's office working as a desperate to attend the audits, checking results and a slew of reports and documents. Uffa no mentioning the " SPED " isn't Flávia?

So, we accountants work a lot! I won't to talk a little bit more about my profession and my tasks because this space won't be enough to show for you guys how hard and pleasent is my profession.
Avatar do usuário felipeh6 2170 7 53
Even if we must work to live, at least, we have to try living to work! It's healthier!
I think hard choose between these two options =).
Both of them are necessary in my opnion. We should work enough in a intention of live better but not too much in a intention of just get money.
If I don't work I won't get money. In this world, we need money to survive, this is the reason I work, but I don't forget about my family. I have time to talk with my parents, friends, study, hobbies. My life is not home to work. I work to live
I´m not working in this moment, but I´m living with expectative of to work soon. :)
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
I definitly work to live: I'm always saying this to my coworkers, because most of them are obssessed with getting more and more money. we all need money to live properly, but it doesn't mean that we have to spend our entire life making money. it makes you sick and stressed, for sure. earn enough to pay the bills and get some benefits, that's what I mean.