How long can you survive without the Internet?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Question: How long can you survive without the Internet?

Example of answers:

- Not even a single day, I'm addicted to it;
- Not much time, once I use this for professional purposes, to keep in contact with friends and members of the family who live in other cities, to do financial transactions, and also for entertainment and study.
- A maximum of a week, otherwise I wouldn't be able to manage all emails, Orkut, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Linkedin, etc etc etc...
- I could live perfectly without Internet access, this is not essential in my life.

Now it's your turn!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
I always need of Internet , I founded a start-up that works with information technology. It's means Internet always.
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
I nearly went crazy when I spent a week away from my PC. The repair shop I took it to spent more than seven days to fix it. And when they did, they returned it with one of its three HD drives unhooked. They also charged me R$60 just to unscrew the casing plus another R$100 for a new G-Force video card which they easily installed in. On top of that, the repair shop's Nestlé automated coffe machine repeatedly failed to work as it swallowed the coins I repeatedly kept putting in it. :x
Flavia.lm escreveu:Question: How long can you survive without the Internet?

Example of answers:

- Not much time, once I use this for professional purposes, ...

- I could live perfectly without Internet access, this is not essential in my life.

Flavia may I suggest the use of since in place of once, and it or this medium as a substitute for this.
Marcio_Farias escreveu:....G-Force video card which they easily installed in. On top of ... :x

Marcio,

I am sure it is an oversight or typo but I think you meant to say ...easily installed in it. On top...

Otherwise excellent grammar, composition and word choice, Very Good Indeed, are you sure you are not a native of the U.S.A.?
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
I definitely have problems with "once" and "since"...
tks, Bill!
Since I started using the Internet when I was well over 50 years old, and I do remember how to use a dial type telephone (heck, I can even remember how to use a crank type telephone), and how to write with a pen and use snail mail, and how to read a newspaper or a book, I could survive without the Internet for the rest of my life.

That is not to say that I would not miss it, but that it is not a necessity for me, as well as for a lot of us old fossils. So if someone does pull the plug on the Internet and cell towers us old timers will again have the upper hand. Humm, Just think how nice it would be to go to a movie or a nice restaurant, without a cell phone ringing, or to speak to a young person who didn't text while trying to talk to you. ;) :lol: Humm, where is that plug. :shock: ;) :lol:
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
Bill, thank you for correcting the omission of the word. And no, I have never visited the US, but I plan to.

Have a fine day,

Regards.
I Think that is very difficult to survive without internet,
because it is very important for the world..
In summary I think that the world can't survive without the internet.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
For me today is very dificult to live without internet, because I work diary with it and need to researches because I'm PhD student too.

Kind regards