SCOOBY-DOO GOES HOLLYWOOD - Songs

Ricardo F. Bernardi 3 27 425
1st Song: MOVE OVER 1ª Canção: ABRA(M) ALAS
Shaggy: You better move over Salsicha: É melhor (você(s)) sair(-írem) da frente
Shaggy: You better watch out Salsicha: É melhor (você(s)) prestar(em) atenção
Shaggy: A new name is comin' to holler about! Salsicha: Um novo nome está prestes a ser aclamado!
Shaggy: We're tellin' you Salsicha: Estamos dizendo a você(s)
Shaggy: We're comin' through Salsicha: Estamos chegando
Shaggy: The name to remember is "Scooby-Doo"! Salsicha: O nome para se lembrar é "Scooby-Doo"!
Scooby: Scooby-Doo! Scooby: Scooby-Doo!
Musical interlude Interlúdio musical
Scooby: I'm a wild and crazy guy! Scooby: Sou um cara destemido e maluco!
Shaggy: Well, excuse me! Salsicha: Bem, com licença!
The name to remember is "Scooby-Doo"! O nome para se lembrar é "Scooby-Doo"!
Move over Abra(m) alas
All you guys inch over Pessoal, todos vocês, deem licença
(We) gotta make a little room at the top Temos que brilhar um pouco entre os figurões
Shaggy: If you don't know us Salsicha: Se você(s) não nos conhece(m)
Shaggy: Then you're sure gonna know us Salsicha: Então, com certeza, você(s) vai (vão) nos conhecer
Shaggy: We can tell ya' positive we'll never be in a flop Salsicha: Podemos afirmar a você(s) que jamais vamos fracassar
Shaggy: We'll star in a movie Salsicha: Vamos estrear em um filme
Shaggy: We'll be on TV! Salsicha: Vamos estar na TV!
Scooby: Millions of people just looking at me Scooby: Milhões de pessoas apenas olhando para mim
Shaggy: We're tellin' you Salsicha: Pode crer
Scooby: We're comin' through Scooby: Estamos chegando
The name to remember O nome para se lembrar
Shaggy: Yes, sir! Salsicha: Sim, senhor!
The name to remember O nome para se lembrar
Scooby: What's that name again? Scooby: Qual é esse nome mesmo?
The name to remember is "Scooby-Doo"! O nome a se lembrar é "Scooby-Doo"!
Scooby: Don't forget to remember: Scooby-Doo! Scooby: Não se esqueça(m) de lembrar: Scooby-Doo!
_ _ _

NOTES:

(1) Scooby Goes Hollywood, later released on home video as Scooby-Doo Goes Hollywood is a 1979 animated television special starring the cast of Hanna-Barbera's Saturday-morning cartoon series Scooby-Doo. It was originally broadcast on ABC on December 23, 1979. It is also the first Scooby-Doo film ever produced. The character Shaggy is known as Salsicha in Brazil;

(2) Holling means yelling or shouting;

(3) To inch over is a phrasal verb which means (a) to move away from someone or something in very small increments or very gradually or (b) to move over a tiny bit;

(4) A room at the top is an idiom which means an opportunity to join an elite or the top ranks of a profession;

(5) Gotta means to have got to. Gonna means going to. These expressions are used in informal speech;

(6) Ya' or Ya is a phonetic spelling representing the pronunciation of you and your in continuous rapid speech;

(7) To be in a flop is an informal expression which means to be completely unsuccessful or to fail totally.

(8) All of the ideas are parodies of then-popular TV shows and movies and acts such as Laverne and Shirley, Happy Days, Superman, The Sound of Music, Donny & Marie, The Love Boat and Charlie's Angels.

(9) Casey Kasem (1932-2014) and Don Messick (1926-1997) were the performers of this song. They voiced the characters Shaggy and Scooby, respectively.
_ _ _

REFERENCES:

(1) WOOLERY, George W. Animated TV Specials: The Complete Directory to the First Twenty-Five Years, 1962-1987. Scarecrow Press, 1989.

(2) Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. 2009.

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
3 respostas
2nd song: RUBY COOL GUY 2ª canção: CARA LEGAL
Be-dooby-dow bow wow Be-dooby-dow bow wow
Dooby dooby dooby dooby doo dow Dooby dooby dooby dooby doo dow
Repeat the two verses Repita os dois versos
Dooby dooby dooby dooby doo dow Dooby dooby dooby dooby doo dow
Be dooby-doo! Seja legal!
You're just a ruby-doo guy! Você é apenas um cara muito legal!
A ruby-dooby, Scooby-Dooby, ooby, cool guy Um cara, Scooby-Dooby, realmente demais
You're just a ruby-doo guy! Você é apenas um cara muito legal!
A ruby-dooby, Scooby-Doo guy Um sujeito, Scooby-Doo, descolado
Oh! Wow! Ah! Uau!
He's just a ruby-doo guy Ele é apenas um cara muito legal
A ruby-dooby, Scooby-Dooby, ooby, cool guy Um cara, Scooby-Dooby, realmente demais
He's just a ruby-doo guy! Ele é apenas um cara legal!
A ruby-dooby, Scooby cool guy Um sujeito, Scooby, realmente maneiro
Terrific! Maravilha!
Musical interlude Interlúdio musical
Ruby-dooby-doo means "Play it cool"! Ruby-dooby-doo quer dizer "Não dê bandeira"!
Dooby-dooby just like me! Da hora como eu!
Heh, yeah! Huh, sim!
I guess they understand this crazy song Acho que eles entendem esta canção doida
Cuz (Because)... Look how they're gettin' along! Porque... Olha como eles estão se dando bem!
Na, na, na, na, na, na... Shoobedy-doo! Na, na, na, na, na, na... Demais!
I'm just a ruby-doo guy! Sou apenas um cara maneiro!
He's just a ruby-doo guy! Ele é apenas um cara legal!
A ruby-dooby, Scooby-Doo guy! Aquele sujeito legal, o Scooby-Doo!
A ruby-doo! Um cara legal!
Dooby-doo [Repeat once] Maneiro [Repita uma vez]
Dooby-doo? Maneiro?
Put 'em all together means "Cool-est cool"! Juntar todos significa "Realmente demais"!
I'm really cool! Sou mesmo legal!
Oh, Scooby-Doo... Oh, Scooby-Doo...
Scooby-Dooby-Doo! Scooby-Dooby-Doo!
NOTES:

(1) The expressions ruby-doo guy and ruby-dooby guy are examples of puns. Ruby Cool Guy means a guy who is very popular, stylish and nice towards everybody.

(2) Scooby-Dooby-Doo and Dooby-doo are the character Scooby's catchphrases. In the franchise, the character uses this expression to make emphases or questions. Depending on the context, the latter can be translated to something related to ruby cool guy. The expression dooby-dooby can be translated to a similar Brazilian slang, da hora, which means cool, interesting or fun; something recent that draws attention and pleases everyone.

(3) Scooby is the shortened form of Scooby-Doo's name.

(4) Cool-est cool is another pun. The correct expression is the coolest. It is a superlative which makes a reference to the guy or the situation mentioned in the music.

(5) Play it cool is an idiom which means to act calm, composed, and without much emotion, especially when something is wrong or one feels otherwise. For further details, take a look on Teacher Luiza's class:
3rd song: SCOOBY-DOO, WE'RE MISSING YOU! 3ª canção: SCOOBY-DOO, ESTAMOS COM SAUDADES DE VOCÊ!
Scooby, Scooby-Doo... We're looking for you Scooby, Scooby-Doo... Estamos a sua procura
Scooby, Scooby-Doo... Where are ya'? Scooby, Scooby-Doo... Cadê você?
Scooby... We're missing you! Scooby... Estamos sentindo a sua falta!
It isn't any funny without ya'! Não é nada engraçado sem você!
Scooby, Scoobyyyy-Doo... [Repeat twice] Scooby, Scoobyyyy-Doo... [Repita duas vezes]
Come back, Scoobyyy-Doo! Volte, Scoobyy-Doo!
Scooby... We're missing you! Scooby... Estamos com saudades de você!
All: (Do you) remember all those things Scooby used to do? Todos: (Você(s)) se lembram de todas aquelas coisas que o Scooby fazia?
Fred: Like being chased by those horrible monsters Fred: Como ser perseguido por aqueles monstros horríveis
Velma: And eating those Scooby Snacks Velma: E saborear aqueles Biscoitos Scooby
Daphne: And what about all those mysteries he helped us solve? Daphne: E que tal todos aqueles mistérios que ele nos ajudou a resolver?
Scooby, Scooby-Doo... We're looking for you Scooby, Scooby-Doo... Estamos a sua procura
Scooby, Scooby-Doo... Where are ya'? Scooby, Scooby-Doo... Cadê você?
Scooby... We're missing you! Scooby... Estamos sentindo a sua falta!
It isn't any funny without ya'! Não é nada engraçado sem você!
Scooby: Yelps! Scooby: Socorro!
Scooby, Scooby-Doo... [Repeat twice] Scooby, Scooby-Doo... [Repita duas vezes]
Come back, Scoobyyy-Doo! Volte, Scoobyy-Doo!
Scooby... We're missing you! Scooby... Estamos com saudades de você!
All: Hey, Scooby, come on back Todos: Ei, Scooby, volte
_ _ _
NOTES:

(1) Yelp is a noun or a verb which is used to say something suddenly and quickly, like someone who is in pain. Hanna-Barbera's character, Scooby-Doo usually says yelps! as a pun of the word, help!. It is an exclamation shouted by someone who is asking for someone to come and save them from a dangerous situation. In Brazil, it was translated literally into socorro! by Herbert Richers S.A., a Brazilian dubbing studio (1950-2009) and the other ones responsible for Scooby-Doo TV show and movies. The exclamation socorro! is considered another of Scooby's catchphrases. The songs were not adapted into Portuguese in the movie Scooby-Doo Goes Hollywood.

(2) Franklin Wendell Welker was born on March 12, 1946. He is an American actor who specializes in voice acting and has contributed character voices and other vocal effects to television and motion pictures. Welker is best known for voicing Fred Jones in the Scooby-Doo franchise since its inception in 1969, and Scooby-Doo himself since 2002. He also voiced The Groove, a character with a pompadour like Elvis Presley's. The Groove was actually a parody of the singer. Welker was responsible for Ruby Cool Guy song.

(3) Scooby-Doo, We're Missing You is the second version of the original song Scooby-Doo, Where are Ya'?. The original version was performed as an opening of the first seasons of the cartoon in 1960's. In the movie, Welker performed it with Heather May North (December 13, 1945 – November 29, 2017) and Patricia Stevens (September 16, 1945 – May 26, 2010), who voiced the characters Daphne Blake and Velma Dinkley, respectively.
_ _ _

REFERENCES:

(1) WOOLERY, George W. Animated TV Specials: The Complete Directory to the First Twenty-Five Years, 1962-1987. Scarecrow Press. 1989.

(2) SENNETT, Ted. The Art of Hanna-Barbera: Fifty Years of Creativity. 1989.

(3) GREIVING, Tim. You don't know his face, but voice actor Frank Welker likely ruled over your childhood. The Washington Post. Date of publication: 05-14-2020.

(4) BRADSHAW, Peter. Frank Welker: The Most Successful Hollywood actor you've never heard of. The Guardian. Date of publication: 08-09-2011.
4th song: GOTTA HAVE TIME 4ª canção: TEM QUE ARRANJAR TEMPO
Cherie: Oh, do I love you, Scooby? Cherie: Oh, eu amo você, Scooby?
Scooby: Ooh-ooh, Scooby-Doo! Scooby: Huh-huh, Scooby-Doo!
Cherie: I gotta have some time to make my mind up Cherie: Tenho que ter um tempo para me decidir
Everybody: (We) love you, Scooby! Todos: Amamos você, Scooby!
Cherie: (I) gotta be sure I like what I can see Cherie: Tenho que ter certeza de que vou gostar do que posso ver
Cherie: I gotta have some time to make my mind up Cherie: Tenho que ter um tempo para me decidir
Cherie: (I) gotta be sure that you are right for me Cherie: Tenho que ter certeza de que você é mesmo para mim
Cherie: Oh! I wanna love you, Scooby! Cherie: Oh! Eu quero amar você, Scooby!
Scooby: Ooh-ooh, I hope so Scooby: Hee-hee, espero que sim
Cherie: I think you wear your tail too long and... Wow! Your ears are big. Other things about you, Scooby, I don't really dig Cherie: Eu acho que você tem uma cauda muito comprida e... Uau! Suas orelhas são grandes. Outras coisas sobre você, Scooby, eu realmente não entendo
Scooby: I hope those claws on my front paws are not too sharp and, please, if you care to scratch my back, don't squeak if you find fleas Scooby: Espero que essas garras em minhas patas dianteiras não sejam muito afiadas e, por favor, se você quiser coçar minhas costas, não grite se encontrar pulgas
Everybody: I gotta have some time to make my mind up Todos: Tenho que arranjar um tempo para me decidir
Cherie: Scooby Cherie: Scooby
Everybody: (I) gotta be sure I like what I can see Todos: Tenho que ter certeza de que vou gostar do que posso ver
Scooby: I hope so Scooby: Espero que sim
Everybody: Scooby, Scooby, I love you! Scooby, I really love you! Todos: Scooby, Scooby, eu amo você! Scooby, eu realmente amo você!
Cherie: I gotta have some time to make my mind up Cherie: Tenho que ter algum tempo para me decidir
Cherie: (I) gotta be sure I like what I can see Cherie: Tenho que ter certeza de que vou gostar do que posso ver
Cherie: I gotta have some time to make my mind up Cherie: Tenho que arranjar um tempo para me decidir
Everybody: Scooby, Scooby, I love you Todos: Scooby, Scooby, eu amo você
Cherie: (I) gotta be sure that you are right for me Cherie: Tenho que ter certeza de que você é mesmo para mim
Everybody: Scooby, I really love you Todos: Scooby, eu realmente amo você
Cherie: And now I love you, Scooby! Cherie: E agora eu amo você, Scooby!
Scooby: Ooo... Scoooooby-Dooby-Dooooo! Scooby: Ahh... Scoooooby-Dooby-Dooooo!
NOTES:

(1) Gotta have time is a song performed by Marilyn Schreffler and Don Messick, who played the chraracters Cherie and Scooby-Doo on the movie Scooby Goes Hollywood.

(2) Donald Earle Messick (September 7, 1926 – October 24, 1997) was an American voice actor. Marilyn Sue Schreffler (June 14, 1945 – January 7, 1988) was an American voice actress who provided voice-overs for animated television series. They voiced several characters, mostly for Hanna-Barbera Productions.
_ _ _

REFERENCES:

(1) Behind the Voice Actors. Don Messick. Date of access: 06-16-2022.
(2) IMDb - Internet Movie Database. Marilyn Schreffler. Date of access: 06-16-2022.