What do you think about my pronunciation?

OEstudantedeIngles 2 16 113
Hey folks =) I'm sending an audio of me reading a little text from my english course book.
Could you lot check it? Thanks!

Anúncio Você tem medo de falar inglês? - Se você já estudou inglês mas ainda se sente inseguro(a) saiba que o primeiro passo é se expor ao idioma. Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor de inglês nativo, você vai se surpreender o quanto isso pode fazer a diferença.

Começar agora!
8 respostas
Marcelo Reis 1 2 96
Fora o áudio meio abafado, o que dificulta ouvir algumas coisas pontuais, a pronúncia me pareceu boa. Mas isso está atrelado ao fato de eu ouvir inglês todo dia por algumas décadas. Se você estuda faz pouco tempo como diz, então está muito boa. Keep up the good work.
PPAULO 6 47 1.1k
Hi there, Estudante.
Here are my impressions:
First of all, Marcelo is right, perhaps the microphone or something that have to do the capture of sound doesn´t made justice to your English.
But, you and I are in luck! I have this headphone with some high-fidelity quality, not pro but at least I could understand you (which I couldn´t just using
the computer.) Withouth it, I couldn´t check out your listening, believe me!

Then, well, I listened to the speaking and it goes "People might say I have an inconventional life style. Right after I graduated [1] I could never stand ...{a bit unaudible} ...wich consists of traveling to places...

"Nowadays I work to a travel magazine and I have opportunity to travel...{a bit unaudible/kind of run-on sentence}
and continues on, by informing that "the tent inside her/his backpack is her/his home" and "So, wherever I am is home."

========================
[1] Here are non-native ears, so I may be mistaken, but I will give my opinion anyway. The word "graduated" lacked that grrrrr-quality to it, grrrraduated.
you failed to use the "iu-sound"
Só in an analogy to Portuguese sounds it would go like an in-between these gra-diu-êi-ted/gra-diu-êi-red/gra-diu-êi-ded.
Well, a video worths a million words, so see this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfQEArbPA-A

As for the sound quality, just to show how some tinkering with equipament can make wonders to the sound, here applied to cameras, but
the sound part still stands true. Please, take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na-Fzja6hDU

here go straight to 5'14'' (5 minutes and 14 seconds) onwards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gXrB3QWXaU
Marcelo Reis 1 2 96
People might say I have a very unconventional lifestyle. Right after I graduated, I understood I could never spend my days in the house (?!) so I decided to do what I like best, which is traveling. Nowadays I work for a travel magazine and I have the opportunity to travel and write articles about the places I visit. My home is my tent (?!) which is inside my backpack. So, wherever I am, I'm home.

Haha, eu coloquei o headset e consegui entender mais coisas. Mas a dicção (flow, rhythm, intonation) atrapalha um pouco, apesar de ter a pronúncia decente. Diz aí o que você disse nas partes em negrito, tenho certeza de que Paulo também está curioso, rsrs.

P.S. Ou se eu peguei algo errado acima. O.O
PPAULO 6 47 1.1k
Ah, one other thing! You read a bit "business-like", kinda taking it very seriously, it could be more normal and more human, less tight (it got almost monotonous). By almost monotonous I am not saying it seems like you seems like a monotonous guy, what I mean, the voice quality with this reading conveys to the listener some kind of indifference, or some kind of annoyance.

Other than that, to a beggining, your debut was very good. Congrats, you are in the right track.

=========================
Marcelo, you got it right "it´s my home is my tent."
You passed the audiometry test with flying colors, ha ha ha! :D
Hey Paulo =) Thanks for giving your impressions! the sound really wasn't so good, it was my laptop microphone. Maybe I can record another audio then. And about the word 'graduated', as you said, I Didn't pronounce it right, I gotta practice on this word haha . So, see you around! bye
Anúncio Você tem medo de falar inglês? - Se você já estudou inglês mas ainda se sente inseguro(a) saiba que o primeiro passo é se expor ao idioma. Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor de inglês nativo, você vai se surpreender o quanto isso pode fazer a diferença.

Começar agora!
Hello Marcelo =) I'll post here all I said:

''People might say I have a very unconventional lifestyle. Right after I graduated I understood I could never spend my days in an office. So, I decided to do what I like best, which is travelling. Nowadays, I work for a travel magazine and I have the opportunity to travel and write articles about the places I visit.
My home's my tent which is inside my backpack. So, wherever I am, I'm home.

Obs: my 'office'' sounded like 'house' ? :)
Marcelo Reis 1 2 96
Beleza. Errei só "office". Aqui eu só escuto "house". Minha esposa também kkkkkkk mas deu pra entender 99%. (Y)
PPAULO 6 47 1.1k
Yes, Estudante, my buddy. You did well for a first.
It´s that I might not have the listening skills Marcelo has... but then, this way he beats me hands down, since he and his wife works as a team, that wasn´t fair! :lol:
Ainda precisa de ajuda? Confira algumas opções:
  1. Clique no botão "Responder" (abaixo) e faça sua pergunta sobre este assunto;
  2. Faça uma nova pergunta;
  3. Converse grátis com um professor nativo por 15 minutos: Saiba como!