What is the best show you've ever seen?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Question: What is the best show you've ever seen?

Answer:

I love Alanis Morissette and I couldn't help mentioning that her show here in SP last year was simply amazing.
But the best ever was in 2003, it was getting dark in Ibirapuera, and I had a great time sit in the grass listening to Paralamas do Sucesso with Andreas Kisses and Dado Villa-Lobos.

Now it's your turn!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Flavia.lm escreveu:Question: What is the best show you've ever seen?

Answer:
I love Alanis Morissette and I couldn't help mentioning that her show here in SP last year was simply amazing.
But the best ever was in 2003, it was getting dark in Ibirapuera, and I had a great time sit in the grass listening to Paralamas do Sucesso with Andreas Kisses and Dado Villa-Lobos.

Now it's your turn!

Flavia,
I would prefer " ... and I had a great time sitting in the grass while listening ... "

Sit is a noun or verb while sitting is a verb or adjective, further, I would add while, a conjunction meaning during the time that .....

Hope this helps you and the other students.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
w.slayman escreveu:
Flavia.lm escreveu:(...)

Hope this helps you and the other students.

Sure it does ;)
thanks!
The best show I have ever seen, was the Elvis Presley Concert on March 1, 1970 in the Houston Texas Astrodome. My first wife and myself drove over 800 miles (1280 km) from El Paso, Texas to Houston, Texas so we could see Elvis, from our front row seats.
Well , all the shows that I was, were special! But Kiss in 2009 was awesome! The singer Paul Stanley slipped on a rope over the audience, they played the songs I wanted to listen, like "God Gave rock'n'roll to you" (that made me cry a little) and had fireworks at the end!Beautiful!!
;
Well , all the shows that I was, were special! But Kiss in 2009 was awesome! The singer Paul Stanley
slipped on a rope
over the audience, they played the songs I wanted to listen, like "God Gave rock'n'roll to you" (that made me cry a little) and had fireworks at the end!Beautiful!!
;

PS: Correct way to talk is: slipped through a rope !
Slip through: escorregar através de.
Slip on: peça de vestuário de enfiar pela cabeça.

;)
Beyoncé in february, here in Rio. She was just too amazing for words... :D
Björk at Tim Festival, in Curitiba. AWESOME!
Wouldn't we rather say "concert" instead of "show"?
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
I think that Flavia used the correct noun, in that "show" includes "concert" and some respondants may say that Cirque de Sole, was the best show they have ever seen.

Just my two cents worth (an American English colloquailism for "in my opinion").