What should be done to improve traffic conditions?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Question: What should be done to improve traffic conditions in your city?

Answer:

I live in Greater Sao Paulo, the world's worst traffic jam, according to Time. It is said that the ring road will change our current situation. In the meantime, my suggestions are:
- Improve the conditions of public transportation – this I have to admit that is being done,
- Create new alternatives for draining the rain water, and keep adequate preservation and maintenance of the few green areas still left, so then the city won’t flood every time it rains.
- Implement more sensible urban occupation policies.

Now it’s your turn!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Hahahah I really think the world should be created again... only so it will be improved. We would need throw down some buildings and maintain our green areas untouched and bearing in mind that we have taking care about the environment.

Someone else?
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
To improve traffic conditions I suggest jail all the bad motorists. To jail all the bad motorists I suggest build more max security prisons. To build more max security prisons I suggest jail all the corrupt politicians. To jail all the corrupt politicians I suggest... damn, what comes next?
I'm from Ribeirão Preto - SP. What I think should be done to improve traffic conditions is the government creates public parking, mainly in downtown, building new avenues and so on. However, I think people should use public transport instead of private cars. For example here in my city, there are 1,6 cars per person, it´s the second biggest rate in our country, just Curitiba is bigger than us.
wow. this one is easy. Joking. xD

I would do like some other country that I forgot the name does, that is to charge high parking fees. I would also improve public transportation.
Avatar do usuário Gustavo Dias 25
I live in a small town, where is pratically without the problem.

But it is a problem in the whole Brazil in big cities like São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro: the drivers do not respect the neither the traffic laws nor other drivers, and they drive bad.

The solution for this problem, is to apply more sever traffic laws in our country.
Avatar do usuário Gustavo Dias 25
Marcio_Farias escreveu:To improve traffic conditions I suggest jail all the bad motorists. To jail all the bad motorists I suggest build more max security prisons. To build more max security prisons I suggest jail all the corrupt politicians. To jail all the corrupt politicians I suggest... damn, what comes next?

I agree with you, Marcio. But we gotta be careful for not to be too strong in minimum things and not to put "good guys" in the jail... lol
I think that the most important thing to be done is to finish the ring road, which will give us a litle relief for a while, but still, it is not enough to solve the chronic problems of our traffic jams. It is known that our government should invest more in public transportation by constructing more metro lines because what are available currently are so insignificant and inefficient. Anyways, if our government do not turn a blind eye to the matter and start working seriously I am pretty sure that things will be better.
ailime escreveu:I think that the most important thing to be done is to finish the ring road, which will give us a litle relief for a while, but still, it is not enough to solve the chronic problems of our traffic jams. It is known that our government should invest more in public transportation by constructing more metro lines because what are available currently are so insignificant and inefficient. Anyways, if our government do not turn a blind eye to the matter and start working seriously I am pretty sure that things will be better.

Ailime,

If I may offer a few suggestions. In the U.S. a ring road is called a "beltway", however I personally think that "ring road " is probably more discriptive. In your second sentence I would make these changes, "... constructing more metro lines because what we currently have is so insignificant and inefficient." In your third sentence "do not" should be "does not" and "start" should be "starts".

Judging by the time stamp on your post you wrote it in a big hurry and made some mistakes you would not normally make. ;) :D
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
Gustavo Dias escreveu:
Marcio_Farias escreveu: To jail all the corrupt politicians I suggest... damn, what comes next?
I agree with you, Marcio. But we gotta be careful for not to be too strong in minimum things and not to put "good guys" in the jail... lol

I steadfastly hold the notion the good should jail the bad. But the pretty shouldn't jail the ugly just because the latter didn't apply enough makeup.

Let us stay on topic, though. We need to re-educate our children so that they become good motorists in the future. At any age (or rate), we also need to bring out the good motorist in all of us, not to drive recklessly and not to use our automobile as a deadly weapon on a "Make My Day" basis. But most of all, we should fiercely fight road rage feelings.

I remember having to re-apply for a driver's license because I declared myself "looney and wanting to drive over any unsuspecting pedestrian should they walk in front of my car." DETRAN's chief psychiatrist then cross-questioned me as to why I should knock all the pedestrians down like kingpins. She gave me a lot of tests calculated to psych me out and I ended up having to take driving lessons for three consecutive nights at a local authorized driving school.

Well, says who! Today I consider myself the worst car driver the world has ever dreamed of having in its worst nightmare. I think I should go to jail on a permanent basis. :oops: