Como dizer "Que curioso saber sobre isso" em inglês

Oi, pessoal :)

Sabe quando alguém nos conta alguma história ou mesmo nos da uma informação diferente do usual, e falamos “Nossa, que curioso saber sobre isso” ou “que interessante saber sobre isso”.

Como posso falar isso em inglês? Tem mais de 1 maneira?

Muito obrigada.

TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
4 respostas
PPAULO 6 48 1.2k
Well, that's interesting because it seemed to me, from my understanding, the bag had just been thrown. But now I'm hearing they're wedged between a cactus and a building, as if they were intentionally hidden there.

She also strong views and good advice, and when talking about issues, sometimes she'd say,
"Well that 's interesting, isn't it?" which was a good example for me of graciousness.

In the first sentence is inquisitive, one is prospecting for more information. In the second "she" probably sees something 'fishy' in what has been just had said, or she somehow disagrees with the speaker (hence the graciousness on her part.)
I am not saying one has to act like her, it's her style and my focus here is on the language side of it.
Muito obrigada!

A palavra “curious” não teria o mesmo sentido lá? Da forma como usamos “curioso” aqui, nesse contexto?
Muito obrigada!

A palavra “curious” não teria o mesmo sentido lá? Da forma como usamos “curioso” aqui, nesse contexto?
PPAULO 6 48 1.2k
Yes, that would be another way to express some surprise at what is being said; more so, if it is contradictory in terms (something that would seem unlikely, for instance) or leads to some ambiguity.
Anyway, less usual.

That‘s a curious thing for Congressman King to say. Because in the past, he hasn‘t been all that concerned about terrorism.

That is, Congressman King seems to say contradictory things here...
The words may have some intersection in meaning, "curious" has some meanings like "perplexing/mistifying/intriguing" But their use is more on the "uncommon", something "out-of-the-ordinary".

Another way they could express that "curious" in another context would by way of the use of "funny":
It is a funny thing how so often births take place at inconvenient hours of night.

That's close to our meaning in Portuguese, even the word is the same, but there is some slight subtlies there that doesn't make it (exactly) equivalent.