Correção de Texto: Fences

Avatar do usuário OEstudantedeIngles 5450 2 16 106
Fences

A long time ago there was a big farm in a bucolic countryside city. The man who owned the farm was rather tall and had red hair.
Nobody liked the farmer because he was a very grumpy man and did not like to share nothing with the others, every reaping he took all the money to himself and let the others with nothing at all. Due to that, some other farmers of the little city decided that they would destroy that farm and do away with the 'tyranny' of the red-haired farmer.
And it did happen; It was a beautiful spring day in the city, the tall farmer was lunching alone in the porch when he saw two men climbing the walls and trying to enter his farm. But this was the moment when something very unexpected happened..
The farmer already knew he would be attacked and set electric fences on the top of the walls. The men were not expecting that and as they touched the fences they died and fell to the dirty and wetted ground.. After that day no one ever dared to cross the boundaries of the farm again...

Wrote it just to practice my writing. Doesn't make much sense at all haha ;)

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário gian2hard 2270 1 7 50
Friendly suggestion

A long time ago there was a big farm located on the outskirts of a bucolic city. A rather tall, red-haired man owned the farm. He was too grumpy for anyone to like him, he never shared anything with anyone and in the end of every harvesting season he would sell everything and keep all the money to himself. As a result, some other farmers decided they would destroy his farm, and do away with the red-haired tyrant. And it did happen, it was a beautiful spring day in the city, the farmer was having lunch alone on his porch when he spotted two men climbing over the walls trying to break into his property. At this moment, something unexpected happened..The farmer knew he would be attacked and set up an electric fence on the top of the walls. The intruders were not expecting that and as they reached for the fence they got electrocuted, falling dead flat on their faces. After that, the word spread around and no one dared to cross the farm's boundaries ever again.

Friendly tips:

bucolic countryside city - outskirts of a bucolic city. Countryside usually implies a rural area (of a city), so, an area outside of a city or town. Having said that, I think outskirts is a more appropriate word to convey your intended meaning

every reaping - Given the context, my educated guess is that you were trying to say (in the end of every harvesting season, he would sell everything and keep all the money to himself) :P
Harvest is the process of gathering ripe crops from the fields. Reaping is the cutting of grain or pulse for harvest, typically using a scythe, sickle, or reaper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/harvest

do away - I take you were using "do away" as in killing someone. You can't "do away" with "tyranny" because you can't kill tyranny. You can do away with the Tyrant though. If you were using "do away" as in "getting rid of something or someone" it would still weird to use " do away" as in "get rid of tyranny" :P I would suggest picking another word in that case.

The man who owned the farm was rather tall and had red hair - Could also be said as: A rather tall, red-haired man owned the farm.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário OEstudantedeIngles 5450 2 16 106
Thanks for the help =) And I didn't know the difference between Harvest and Reaping, One more word to my vocabulary haha :) Thanks again
Avatar do usuário gian2hard 2270 1 7 50
No worries duuuudeee! :) (Y)

Also, I've noticed I misspelled "farmer" twice. "farmed" what a noob I am *.* I'm unable to edit the text though