Did you cry when you watched Titanic?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Question: Did you cry when you watched Titanic? :cry:

Examples of answers:

- Yes, because that was really moving to see all those people dying, and that was based on a true story.
- Yes, I did. Poor Jack!
- No. Were there any reason for me to cry?
- Yes, because I was keeping my fingers crossed for Jack and Rose to live happily foverer.
- No, I don't usually cry when watching movies.
- Yes... And I still do everytime I listen to "My Heart Will Go On".
- No, because I slept after the first hour of movie.

Now it is your turn!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
No, I didn't. Yet I marveled at how Dr. Ballard[1] successfully used remote-control-operated vehicles (ROVs), to find the Titanic four kilometers undersea.

[1] A famous professor of oceanography.
No i didn´t but my mom did....
No, I didn't. Were there any reason for me to cry?
Avatar do usuário Adriano Japan 810 1 18
Yes.
I'm not used to cry watching movies, but I can be emotive sometimes...mostly when something touchs my heart (even when I don't know what/which word/action) and I suddenly start to shed some tears.
I can hardly wait to the 3D version. :mrgreen:
I share the same opinion of Expert Marcio Farias..

Operate this equipment is too dificult nowadays, I think how it was that time! It's really marvelous!!!

However, I liked watching this movie. :)

Thank you Flavia for this question!

Hugs to you all!
Felipe Ferrugem

"Togheter we're still better!!!"

Any typos or grammar errors, please correct me! ;)
Nope. But I laughed to death when stupid Jack died. :twisted:
(I was 5 when I watched Titanic for the first time.) :D

I used to like this movie when i was a kid, but now... damn that story sucks.
I wonder if there is someone who never watched that movie before!! ^^
No, I didn't cried when I watched it for my first time, since by that time I was very young, thus probably there was no chance for me to understand that movie. Then, I became able to understand it, but that movie started to be on tv, so I think it lost its meaning, I meant, often after a movie begins to be shown on television, it loses the thing or its charm.

But my sister loves this movie and for sure she cried if it would be shown on TV today!
ENG_rafael escreveu:No, I didn't cried when I watched it for my first time, since by that time I was very young, thus probably there was no chance for me to understand that movie. Then, I became able to understand it, but that movie started to be on tv, so I think it lost its meaning, I meant, often after a movie begins to be shown on television, it loses the thing or its charm.

But my sister loves this movie and for sure she cried if it would be shown on TV today!

Rafael,

Check out this rewrite and let me know what you think, and if you have any questions.

"No, I didn't cry when I watched it for the first time, since I was very young then, and probably did not have any chance of understanding the plot. After I was old enough to understand it the movie was being shown on TV, and I feel that a lot of the emotional impact of a movie is lost when it is interrupted especially by commercials."

But my sister loves Titanic, and cries each time she watches it."
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
Bill,

I really appreciated your changes, the essence of my message flows better in your version. But I have a question, you changed "thus" to "probably" in order to improve the concision? With a rereading I feel that.

In the end of my text, I wanted to say that a movie lost its charm when begins to be shown on tv, because in Brazil who just sees nationalwide channels, that was my case when Titanic was broadcasted on a free channel called Globo, had to see Titanic after some years of its creation. So, in my message, that movie was "old" enough to me when I saw it for first time, that was on a nationalwide channel, due to that I felt that Titanic lost a lot of the emotional impact. I did not refer to commercials, as you wrote on the end of the fist paragraph.

But I think your whole change is worthwhile one. I guess I was not clear in some parts!

Thank you so much!