Leiam o texto abaixo e em seguida façam os exercícios relativos a este.
The FIFA World Cup was founded in 1971. It was designed by Silvio Gazzanigi of Italy. Made of 18-carat gold and malachite, the cup is 36,5 cm tall and weighs 6,2 kg. The sculpture depicts two triumphant football players holding a globe in their raised hands. The trophy is passed on to each winning team that gets to keep an identical (but gold-plated) replica. The making of the statue cost about $50,000, today its value is estimated to over $10,000,000. After each tournament the name of the winning country and the year of their World Cup victory are engraved in the bottom side of the trophy. Space on the base will run out in 2038 at the earliest.
A. Reading comprehension
1. How long ago was the FIFA World Cup founded?
2. Who designed the FIFA World Cup?
3. What does the sculpture depict?
4. What is the value of the FIFA World Cup today?
5. What happens after each tournament?
B. Mark true or false according to the text.
1. "Winning" means "vencendo". (...)
2. The Fifa World Cup is made of 18-carat gold. (...)
3. The name of the winning country and the year of their World Cup victory are engraved in the bottom side of the trophy. (...)
4. The Fifa World Cup was designed by an American. (...)