Um guia para quem estuda Inglês Online
ALONE. if you are alone in a place, there is no one with you : by yourself
-She lives alone.
- You shouldn’t leave a child alone in the house.
- My wife and I like to spend time alone together away from the kids.
feeling unhappy and lonely
- I cried like a child because I felt so alone
Only, entretanto tem maior abrangência, estas são:
- not more than something (such as age, number, etc)
- used to say that something or someone is not very important, serious etc
- nothing or no one except a particular person or thing
- no earlier than a particular time
- e muitos outros significados, que já não são tão comuns assim