What's your favorite movie quotation?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Question: What's your favorite movie quotation?

Answer:

"There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for? What is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love." - Don Juan de Marco

"Run, Forrest, Run!" - Forrest Gump

"I see dead people" - The Sixth Sense

"Luke, I'm your father" Darth Vader, Star Wars

Dory, almost in the end of the movie: "Nemo! That's a nice name!" - Finding Nemo

Now it's your turn!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
"My precious" - O Senhor dos Anéis.
"This is Spart" - 300 o filme
"Você é um moleque" - Capitão Nascimento em Tropa de Elite!

I must write this " I'm an orange" by Annoying Orange - Although is not a part of a movie this is really my favourite quotation.
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
"Hasta la vista, baby." - Arnold Schwarznegger in the movie Terminator II.
"Go ahead, make my day." - Clint Eastwood in the movie Sudden Impact.
"Hello Stranger" - Closer
"Let's have a baby, lalalalala" - P.S. I love You
Well, this is not a single quotation, but a whole dialog. I'd like to share it anyway:

Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path. One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... then you see it!
Pippin: What? Gandalf? See what?
Gandalf: White shores... and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise.
Pippin: Well, that isn't so bad.
Gandalf: No. No, it isn't.

(The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King)
"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends" - first words of the film Legends of the fall
Well... some of my favorite quotations are:

"Luke, I'm your father" Darth Vader, Star Wars
"I wanna play a game." -Jigsaw, SAW
"With this candle... I will set your mother on fire..." Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride^^
"As you wish..." Westley - The Princess Bride
There's a plenty of quotation that I like, but one I always remember is:

"Tomorrow is another day!" - Gone with the wind.

I know you can think I'm old, because I'm writing a quote so old, however I'm not old. I'm 27 years old. It's because my wife keeps on saying this quote to me. She's crazy about this movie.
Another very easy one for me, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." Rhett Butler to Scarlet O'Hara as he gives up on her and walks out of the house and her life, from the 1939 movie "Gone With The Wind".

Some matters of interest: In 2005 The American Film Institute voted this line The Best Movie Line of All Time; In the book, on which the film was based, the line was "My dear, I don't give a damn, the word "frankly" was added in the film; The word damn was used earlier in the film in the phrase "Damn Yankees", this remarkable because the use of "damn" was prohibited by the Motion Picture Association's Production Code from 1934 until just six weeks before the film's release.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
Hey Danilo, nobody will say you're old because you like a old movie!! LOL I'm just eighteen and I love epic movies like "Gone with the Wind" - I remember the first time I watched this one... I was 4! I've never watched this movie with the Audio in Portuguese, funny. And the quote wrote by Bill is just unforgettable!

See you!