Describe your ideal soul mate

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Describe your ideal soul mate

"The perfect man"

He just needs to be… Intelligent, loving, creative, loyal, handsome, humble, honest, romantic, smart, someone who makes me feel protected, who listens to me, who knows how to show his points of view and also respect mine, kind, hardworking, mature, needs to know the time to speak and the time to be quiet, etc etc etc… Just this. Am I asking too much?

God, please help me find a way for my fiancé to read it "accidentally" :D, Amen.

Related topic: Please read the joke I’ve just posted there in the Off-topic section: The Perfect Man and the Perfect Woman

Now it is your turn!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
I think I found my ideal soul mate. We have seen each other for more than six months now. We MSN each other a lot when we don't see each other personally. No perfect couples live happily ever after. So we've had a few small fights over some differences of opinion, which we've successfully talked over. She babies me and I baby her back. I never had it going so good! ;)
Marcio_Farias escreveu:I think I found my ideal soul mate. We have seen each other for more than six months now. We MSN each other a lot when we don't see each other personally. No perfect couples live happily ever after. So we've had a few small fights over some differences of opinion, which we've successfully talked over. She babies me and I baby her back. I never had it going so good! ;)

Marcio,

If I may I would like to suggest the following changes: We have been seeing each ... I never had it so good!

Going is not a part of the standard phrase.

Thanks for listening.
Flavia.lm escreveu:Describe your ideal soul mate

"The perfect man"

He just needs to be… Intelligent, loving, creative, loyal, handsome, humble, honest, romantic, smart, someone who makes me feel protected, who listens to me, who knows how to show his points of view and also respect mine, kind, hardworking, mature, needs to know the time to speak and the time to be quiet, etc etc etc… Just this. Am I asking too much?

God, please help me find a way for my fiancé to read it "accidentally" :D, Amen.

Related topic: Please read the joke I’ve just posted there in the Off-topic section: The Perfect Man and the Perfect Woman

Now it is your turn!

Flavia,

I would like to see the three periods (...) eliminated and replaced: with a colon (:) in the first instance, and an exclamation point (!) in the second. I will forgive the use of etc three times as artistic license. :D

While your first sentence does run on a bit you get your multiple points and desires across, however I am not sure that you want your fiance to read that "laundry list" of a post before the wedding as it might scare him away. :lol: Remember that you will have a lifetime to attempt to change any "faults" that he may have. :lol:

Idiom - laundry list
I am not so demanding as Flávia. My ideal soul mate "just" has to be honest, reliable, loyal, considerate and responsible. :D Do you find difficult to find one with "just" these characteristics??

Actually, I have already found mine. What we have to aknowledge is that the "perfect man" does not exist and when you get married you earn a complete package, in which you will be presented also with all his defects. :lol:
We are not perfect as well, are we?? ;)

ailime
Avatar do usuário Adriano Japan 805 1 18
my perfect soul mate? just anybody who doesn't speak my language :D
fond of foreign cultures and addicted to knowledge and cultural interchange,I just can't find myself dating somebody who understands me 100% and vice-versa.
The best way to learn a foreign language: date a native :D

Another nice point is that you'll never run out of stuff to chat about.
In here we do like this, that's how I call it in my language, etc..
Since Flavia gave her idea of the perfect man, I shall attempt to return the favor by describing the perfect woman.

The perfect woman: only speaks when spoken to, never argues with or corrects you, cooks all dishes as well a master chef, never wants to go shopping, never asks where have you been, always has supper cooked when you get home, brings you beer while you watch TV, lets you choose the TV programs to watch, washes and irons all your clothes, washes and waxes your motorcycle and car at least once a week, has the face of an angle, has the body of a Victoria's Secret Model, and never is too tired or has a headache. :D 8-)

My ideal soul mate lets me think that I am the boss except when she wants something, cooks some dishes really well, always is willing to "shop till you drop", wants to know why I am 5 minutes late, lets me cook as many meals as I want, lets me choose the TV programs as long as they are the ones she wants to watch, makes me wash and wax my bike and car as well as her car, has a pretty face, is a little plump, sometimes has a headache, was born in Jundiai, SP and is 53 years old. The most important thing is that she loves and accepts me mostly, but not entirely, as I am. :D

P.S. My wife has read and approved this message. :D :lol: :lol:
I think such person doesn't exist, but my ideal soul mate is a comprehensive woman, intelligent, clever, spirit, patient, funny, who loves math, who helps a lot of people, sensitive, beautiful (inside and outside), who loves nature and prefer security than risks and busy life, who stays by me every time and consoles and advices me, in sadness and happiness.
Well, I don't know... I don't even know if I believe in soul mates. But let's see...

She HAS to like music. Play an instrument, whatever it is. It would be really nice if she likes surfing. It would be cool if she likes the kind of music I like, or at least, nothing so different.
She definitely has to be smart. And pretty, as well. (Heh)
A little sarcastic would be funny. (Sorry, I have this thing.)
I like girls who like adventure. And has no fear of living and enjoying life.
I guess that's pretty much it.

Oh! and of couse, she has to like English! (Double Heh)

See ya! :D
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Avatar do usuário Adriano Japan 805 1 18
Hey Leandro, guy, what you mean with "such person doesn't exist"?? :roll:
This song might make up your mind.

yeah…Rise`n up…to the sky
we`ve got the freedom to love

Somebody told me that the planet is small
It`s so easy to serch love
You just have to open your soul
And yes…you gonna find love

Gotta make you understand
Have no reason to be sad