DOWNER DOWNER [SEDATIVO]
Portray sincerity Retrate a sinceridade
Act out of loyalty Atue com lealdade
Defend your free country Defenda seu país livre
Wish away the pain Deseje que a dor desapareça
Hand out lobotomies Ofereça lobotomias
To save little families Para salvar famílias pequenas
Surrealistic fantasy Fantasia surrealista
Bland, boring, plain! Entediante, incômoda e sem graça!
Hold me down in restitution Mantenha-me em restituição
Living out your date with fusion Dependa de seu par romântico pra valer
Is the whole fleece shun in master? O casaco inteiro é evitado com maestria?
Don't feel guilty, master writing Não se sinta culpado, erudito mestre
Somebody said that they're not much like I am Alguém disse que eles não são como eu
I know I can Sei que posso
Make enough of the words Tornar as palavras suficientes
For you to follow along Para você agir de acordo
I sink and then some Eu desabo e vou além
Slippery pessimist Pessimista esguio
Hypocrite master Mestre hipócrita
Conservative communist Comunista conservador
Apocalyptic bastard Bastardo do fim dos tempos
Thank you, dear God Eu Lhe agradeço, querido Deus
For putting me on this Earth Por me colocar nesta Terra
I feel very privileged Me sinto muito privilegiado
In debt for my thirst! Em dívida pela minha sede!
Repeat the chorus Repita o refrão
Notes:

1) Lobotomy or leucotomy is a form of psychosurgery, a neurosurgical treatment of a mental disorder that involves severing connections in the brain's prefrontal cortex.

2) Surrealism is a cultural movement developed in Europe in the aftermath of World War I and worldwidely influenced for visual artworks, writings and the justaposition of uncommon imagery. Artists painted unnerving, illogical scenes, sometimes with photographic precision, creating strange creatures from everyday objects, and developing painting techniques that allowed the unconscious to express itself.

3) Communism is basically the belief in a society without different social classes in which the methods of production are owned and controlled by all its members and everyone works as much as they can and receives what they need.
_

SOME TIPS TO HELP YOU TO SING BETTER:

1st tip: READING AND TAKING CARE OF YOUR THROAT

If you want to sing fast as Nirvana band or anybody else, first you need to comprehend the lyric.
The best way is reading it first and calmly. Gargle your throat with warm water in order to keep it clean.

There is no need to shout or speaking in tones that can affect your voice.
Do not eat hot or cold food. Forget all spicy and greasy dishes you enjoy.

2nd tip: THINK DOWN FOR HIGH NOTES

Ask a teacher before you decide to change your voice notes. The coordination will help you with your difficult, at least, put it at ease. Sometimes you will need to think of adding resistance to your highest notes. If you do not prepare yourself, you will have a sore throat later.

3rd tip: REPLACE STRAIN FOR MORE POWER

Keep your chin pointed slightly down and your pectorals slightly flexed. If you want more power then you need to flex your pectorals a little bit more. However, reaching forward or lifting your chin up can cause little scratches in your voice chords and if you insist, they may become a terrible sore throat. It is very important to hydrate yourself, specially with water.

4th tip: SING ANYTHING OPPOSITE TO A MIRROR

Try to sing an Ah scale up and down standing in front of a mirror. Scale it in one phrase (1-2-3-4-3-2-1). Press your chin slightly in, in order words, point it toward the floor and try to sing only 1 or so. Do not forget to let your head bob up as you raise the pitch. Keep your head firmly as you scale your voice as much as you can. When you notice how your chin moves up while you raise your pitch, it will give you the power and control you need and eliminate the strain. Haste makes waste!

5th tip: GETTING A NATURAL VIBRATO

No need to be shy now. Everyone has just listened all you have sung. They are proud of you. Believe me, it's going to work out just fine. In order to get a natural vibrato, press on your chest with both hands and then, raise your chest higher than normal. Take a breath in and the exhale, but do not drop your chest. Try to sing one note and hold it as long as possible with your chest raised.

Press on your chest halfway through the note. To do so, please press kind of hard and raise your chest to meet the pressure. Relax the back of your neck and keep your jaw open as you’re singing “ahhh.” Imagine the air spinning around in your mouth while keeping your chin tucked down a bit and your chest raised. Keep in mind, overuse of vibrato is not a good thing in contemporary performance like pop, rock, and R&B. Meanwhile, you must feel the vibrato. If that is not the case, try finishing phrase with straight tone, then into a little bit of vibrato. The bottom line is to do what is best for you. If you will not manage to feel it, it is a proper time to ask your teacher's help.

6th tip: RECORD YOUR TUNE AND RESPECT YOUR BREATH STYLE

A good vocal tone is not established by singing loudly; but at medium volume. Good tone happens when vocal folds are strong enough to have a good closure but not touch. Releasing too much air creates a noisy tone and releasing too little air creates a nasal tone. Unless you are really going for breathy or nasal as a stylistic choice, somewhere right in between the two is a perfect balance.You will sing faster as long as you practice.

Shall we check the results of someone who followed these tips to the letter?

Listen to Nirvana's cover, Klara Phyll.
I hope you enjoy it! :)
REFERENCES:

(1) Cambridge Online Dictionary.
(2) CHILVERS, Ian. The Oxford Dictionary of Art and Artists. Oxford University Press, 2009.
(3) KURIAN, George. Withering Away of the State in The Encyclopedia of Political Science. CQ Press, 2011.
(4) ENGELS, Friedrich. What will be the course of this revolution? in Principles of Communism, 2005.
Cambly Brasil - Mensagem Patrocinada Saiba já o seu nível de inglês - Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu nível de inglês. Perder o medo de se comunicar é o primeiro passo para a fluência. Cadastre-se na Cambly e experimente o método sem compromisso.

Iniciar Conversação
Colabore