Palavras com o prefixo "Fore"

I think this area is very different of the topics about phrases. Today I'll show some words initiated with "fore-".

Fore- : situated or placed in front.
I chose these words because the meaning and the appearance is very similar.
Foreshadow, foresight, foresee and forecast

Forecast (noun and verb): a statement about what will happen in the future, based on information that is available now. Ex: It is difficult to make long-term forecasts for a fast-growing industry.

Foreshadow (verb): to be a sign of sth that will happen in the future: His sudden death had been foreshadowed by earlier health scares.

Foresee (verb): to think sth is going to happen in the future; to know about sth before it happens; SYN: predict
Ex: No one could have foreseen (that) things would turn out this way.

Foresight (noun): (approving) the ability to predict what is likely to happen and to use this to prepare for the future: She had had the foresight to prepare herself financially in case of an accident.

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
murilo91 1 9
Muito interessante seu tópico Marky,

tem muitas palavras parecidas em inglês:

ex:

Parecidas na escrita mas diferentes na pronúncia

Thought, Through, Though, Tough, quite,quit,.....

Parecidas na pronúncia mas diferentes na escrita

leave,live,fit,feet, bitch,beach,sh*t,sheet (não são a mesma pronuncia, mas sendo faladas rápidas em uma frase confunde um pouco, o contexto se sobresai...)

Mesma pronuncia porén ortografia diferente

Two,to,too,no,know.new,knew,where,wear........ (milhares)

Mesma pronuncia e ortografia muito parecida

Whether, Weather ....

Regards
Valeu pelo comentário. Procurei focar palavras parecidas na escrita e no significado.