Experienced professional or Seasoned professional?

Hi Everybody!

Today I was subscribing me in a site of jobs, when I had to choose my "carrer status", the options were "Student", "New graduated", "Experienced Professional" and "Seasoned Professional".

The questions is:
  1. What's the meaning difference between "Experienced" professional and "Seasoned" professional?
  2. Which one is more experienced?
Regards,

Leandro :mrgreen:

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Career Status, you mean?
  • Experienced is about having certain working experience.
  • Seasoned is about having experience and being recognized as such by your boss(es) and peers. It have to do you doing your job with excellence.
So, certainly a seasoned professional have a say in his field, at the strategic level, even if he/she doesn´t have a sit in the corporate boards, executive comitee etc, but he may be summoned or heard on strategic and working issues.
I Am a Seasoned Professional!
(More than 10 years of working experience)

The major differences between a professional and a seasoned professional are tenure on the job and level of experience. A seasoned professional is trusted and admired by his or her peers and is often looked to as a mentor for those new in the field. A seasoned professional knows what to do in any given situation and provides guidance to others based on his or her knowledge and skills.

A seasoned professional is complimented by a steady progression of challenging assignments and a balanced escalation in responsibility. Along with possessing distinctive qualifications, the seasoned professional is able to:
  1. Identify the characteristics and needs of others at each level of their career development.
  2. Monitor and diagnose the performance, competence, and commitment of others to determine their need for direction and support.
  3. Provide opportunities for open communication and information sharing.
  4. Resolve conflicts.
  5. Build strategic relationships that strengthen performance and achieve company goals.
A seasoned professional is not always a manager, and doesn’t need to be. Leadership and influence, demonstrated in every capacity, are traits that exemplify a seasoned professional.

As with professionals, key personal qualities that define a seasoned professional are honor, reputation, and trustworthiness. Trustworthiness comes from an assurance of reliability. Reputation is not only a signal to your customers, but also a commitment mechanism that keeps you on top of your game!

There are two keys to seasoned professional success:
  • Always take time to think and analyze before acting, and
  • Use your competencies and expertise to exploit opportunities to innovate, that is, to develop new methods and processes for you and your organization to become more efficient.

As we prepare a seasoned professional résumé, we will be looking for the following artifacts:
  1. A specific career objective indicative of the position you wish to obtain. Our counselor will work with you to match your career accomplishments against your objective.
  2. Educational accomplishments equivalent to the position you wish to obtain. Although a college degree is not required, it is highly beneficial for attaining higher levels of authority and responsibility within an organization. Certifications and/or other evidences of specialized training are also highly regarded.
  3. Specific things you’ve done in your career that signify leadership (in either thought or action) and progressive change management, where innovative idea implementations are prevalent.
Source: galenmichaels
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
This sounds odd: "Today I was subscribing me in a site of jobs"
Better to use: Today I was subscribing myself on to a jobs site"

Leandro, isso me parece ser um código para idade: vai de estudante para formado, depois experiente, depois..., eu ia dizer velho, mas fica melhor "temperado".

Pelo menos em inglês já ficou de mau gosto perguntar a idade (ou sexo, ou raça, por exemplo) para questão de emprego.