Como dizer "Não significa que você é menos" em inglês

I didn't find anything in dictionaries, but I realized English native speakers use the expression "less of a person", as in:

"... It doesn't mean you are less of a person".

Would it be correct to use that expression to mean "não significa que você é menos" ?

Jorgezahell

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário PPAULO 44375 6 33 782
"less of a person" it´s okay to use, others possibilities and examples:

It doesn't make you less of a person or worse of a person.

Whatever the reason, you're not less of a person than anybody else because of your choices.

It shows you that having less money doesn't make you less of a person.

It made you feel less of a person.

But it doesn't make me any less of a person.
(That is, it doesn't make me of lower importance, rank, than others - or all others).

In novels and informal ways, one could state that "...it doesn't make me a nobody". But in a black-and-white context, that of winner-loser that Americans are fond of in novel writing - like in the descriptions made in e.g., Lipstick Jungle. That is, you are "in" or "out", little room to shades of gray...
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário Ricardo F. Bernardi 11030 18 221
1) Isso não significa que você é inferior a ele.
>> It does not mean you are inferior to him.

2) Não significa que você seja menos competente do que ela.
>> It does not mean you are less capable than her.

3) Eu não quero dizer que você é menos do que qualquer um dos presentes neste recinto.
>> I do not mean you are less than anyone else in this place.

4) Eis que sois menos do que nada e a vossa obra é menos do que nada; abominação é quem vos escolhe [Isaiah 41:24].
>>Behold, ye are less than nothing, and your work is of nought; an abomination is he that chooseth you [Isaías 41:24].
Note: Archaic English.
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 44375 6 33 782
One more to the table:
Whether you struggle with dieting, emotinal struggles, financially, learning, your goals (what you have - anything), don´t let outside noise make you feel less worthy .
Donb´t let anyone tell you that you are not worthy because you don´t own certain things or don´t have special traits
(Love More, Binge Less and Stay Fit, By Merideth Ussery) with some tinkering I have made to her writing, but then that is it - something we might not forget - for life. ;-)