I believe there are three different interpretations to this expression:
(1) to exclude something.
(2) to ignore something.
(3) to draw an obvious conclusion from what is known or evident.
- Eu soube da sua promoção por causa da inauguração da nova
>> I head about your promotion because of the inauguration of the branch. Congratulations!
- Obrigado, mas não tem muito o que comemorar.
>> Thank you, but there is nothing much to celebrate.
- Por quê?
>> Why (did you say that)?
- Só temos o espaço físico, a "carcaça". Para você ter ideia, ainda nem compraram lixeiras. Por isso você tira o resto!
(1) We only have the establishment, I mean the "structure". Just for you to know, they haven't even bought the bins yet. That's why you set it aside!
(2) We only have the structure, I mean the "building". Just for you to know, they haven't even bought the garbage cans yet. So, you ignore the rest!
(3) The house, I mean the "structure", is the only thing ready. Just for you to know, they haven't even bought the waste containers yet. That's why you just need to put two and two together!