Como dizer "Tomar um gole de" em inglês

Hello everyone, I'm a new face here and I decide to make my debut with a question: How Do I say "Tomar um gole de ?"
Is it right to say: "Take a sip of ?". Thank you :)

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
8 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Tanto "have a sip of" quanto "take a sip of" estão corretos para se dizer "tomar um gole de".
Muito Obrigado Donay =)
Daniel Reis 2 16
Olá pessoal,

Poderiam me dizer se a frase abaixo é correta?

If it were vodka, I'd ask you to take a slip of it - Se fosse vodka eu te pederia para dar um gole.

Valeus
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Don´t seems natural to me, if they use the term slip in this sense it´s new to me. Changing "slip" for "sip" it makes a whale of sense. Then "I´d ask you to take a sip." (not necessary the use of "it" here, would be just optional).
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
PP, "Don't seems" seems incorrect to me. In all likelihood, you probably meant, "It doesn't seem..." You might want to check it out in your grammar manual, which please do.
CURSO DE PRONÚNCIA
Domine todos os sons do inglês com o nosso novo curso de pronúncia. O professor Adir Ferreira, referência no ensino de pronúncia, criou este curso especialmente para o English Experts. INICIAR AGORA
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
You are right, Marcio, and that English course is doing wonders to your English buddy! I stand corrected, it was very nice of you to chime in. It was a slip of mine. ;)
By the way, back to the matter, cocktail makers concoct some of them with the "slip" word (perhaps some allusion to the sliping down the throat, I don´t know), as in "slippery". Or, in some cases, perhaps to the design (e.g. banana slip cocktail), as in clay potter decoration, etc, when there are that "slurry" patterns.
Well, like in the singing world, they perhaps can take such poetical licences, one never knows! I just didn´t feel like taking chances on that one, that´s it! :P
That doesn´t mean that the word make it to the dictionaries (and the streets) as a verb sometime.
jorgeluiz 1 6 92
Só para adir : nurse a drink
Consume a drink slowly, especially in order to conserve it. For example, He nursed one drink for the whole evening. This idiom alludes to holding a glass very carefully, as one might a child. [c. 1940]

cheers!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Also related:
take/get a swig.