Correção de Redação Exame FCE

My dear Nati,

How are you going?

I’m planning to go to the movie theater next Monday to watching “Carrie - A estranha”. The film starts at eight p.m. at Cinemark of Shopping Granja. Therefore Would you like to come along?

Furthermore I have invited Larissa and her boyfriend to come with us and they say they can. By the way, she suggests we to having some meal afterwards. Near to the cinema there is a new Pizza Hut - I know you love pizza from that place. What do you think?

Let me know if you could go with us then I’ll book the tickets.

I really hope see you soon.

Best wishes.

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 14 102
Ambas as sentenças "I invited (...)" and "I have invited(...) estão corretas. Entretanto, por você estar se referindo a um evento passado que já foi finalizado, achei mais adequado o uso do simple past. O present perfect deve ser usado nas seguintes hipóteses:

(I) Algo que começou no passado e ainda é verdade no presente. Exemplos:

I have worked in the metallurgic plant for twelve years.
I have been so tired lately.
The rain hasn't stopped yet.

(II) Já aconteceu, mas não importa quando ocorreu exatamente (esse era o uso que você meio que sugeriu): quando um evento é relevante por si só, mesmo sem data, você pode usar o present perfect também. Exemplos:

Have you seen my new outfit?
I've been to Paris in 1998.
[não use uma data neste caso! Não significa que a data não exista ou que você não saiba, apenas que não é relevante para este uso]

Não se preocupe; com o tempo, você ganhará mais familiaridade com o idioma e perceberá quando usar uma ou outra estrutura. Aproveitando que estamos aqui, mais duas recomendações para sua redação:

1. I invited Larissa and her boyfriend to come with us and they said they would come.
2. Let me know if you can come with us, then I’ll book the tickets.

Cheers!!
POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
6 14 102
My dear Nati,

How have you been?

I’m planning to go to the movies next Monday to watchCarrie”. The film starts at 8 P.M. and the movie theater I have chosen is the Granja Mall's Cinemark. Would you like to come along?

I invited Larissa and her boyfriend to come with us and they said they could. By the way, she suggested we have some food afterwards. Near to the cinema there is a new Pizza Hut - I know you love pizza from that place. What do you think?

Let me know if you can go with us, then I’ll book the tickets.

I really hope to see you soon.

Best wishes.
Correction key:
Italic = Not necessarily wrong, but perhaps unclear, imprecise or could have been explained better.
bold = Problems with grammar, vocabulary or spelling.

Observações:

(1) How have you been? soa melhor para mim do que How are you going?. Entretanto, você é livre para escolher entre eles.

(2) A.M. e P.M. são sempre maiúsculos e as horas devem ser numéricas antes deles [8 P.M. e não eight p.m.]

(3) shopping em inglês é o presente contínuo do verbo to shop (comprar). O local em que se compra é chamado de mall.

(4) Prefira sentenças curtas e diretas e cuidado com as influências da língua portuguesa.

Bons estudos!
Dear Artful Dodger,

Firstly, thank you so much for your time to help me.
Secondly, I have a big doubt. If you can please help me to understand.

Notice the following sentence that you help me:
"I invited Larissa and her boyfriend to come with us..."

Why not?
"I have invited Larissa and her boyfriend ...."

As a student learning the grammar, I think the correct usage of perfect tenses is one of the most difficulties things to understand.

I understood that I should use "I have invited" because the thing happens in the past and I don't know when.
If I knew when the actions happened, I should use past simple.

Do you see?

It's so confusing. :(

Pardon my English.

Thanks a lot.