Hello there! I would like to check if the bold part is correct.
How to explain to a foreign person what is going on in Brazil...
- What is going on in Brazil?
- They want to bring the president down.
- They found out a big corruption case that brought a serious economic crisis. (I would like to use "alimentar", but I'm not sure if I can use "fed" instead of using "brought". Can I?)
- And is she involved?
- No, but they said that if she has/had been capable/competent, it wouldn't have happened.
- And who is going to replace her?
- A man involved.
Thank you very much