Have you ever been TO x IN?: Qual é a diferença

Olá, gostaria de saber a diferença entre have you ever to and have you ever in, porque eu sempre achei q para tudo seria have you ever to.

Para essa frase seria to or in?

Have you ever been in/to an exchange?

Thx in advance!

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário Judy Friedkin 630 2 17
I am sorry but I misread the question. To is more common but in can be used. Have you ever been to Brazil. Have you ever been in any city in the USA? Have you ever been in trouble with the police? One thing that many speakers of a Romance language use incorrectly is "Do you know Brazil". We don't use "know "a place. It is always have you ever been to, visited, traveled to Brazil, for example . This is a little off topic , but I thought of it in talking about to and in.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Não tenho muita certeza, mas acho que ao usar o TO, você quer saber se a pessoa já esteve em um lugar, independente do tempo.
Já ao usar o IN, implica ter estado no deterninado local por um longo tempo.
Avatar do usuário Judy Friedkin 630 2 17
You have to learn these prepositions with the verb or the phrase. There is no hard and fast rule. You can be "at a game". "at home" "in trouble, "in the house" "in the car", "at school".
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39205 6 32 684
I couldn´t agree more. Speakers of Romance, mainly (at least is the language I see that happening all the time) with speakers of Portuguese. I think it happens with Spanish as well.
I myself might have at some point misused the "know" thing, so I must admit that you are not off topic on that one, Judy. Thanks for sharing your view.