Como dizer "Amar para transformar vidas'' em inglês

Como traduziriam "amar pra transformar vidas"? Loving to transform lives? (Love como sujeito da frase). Obrigada!

EBOOK VERBO GET Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu email. INICIAR TESTE
4 respostas
PPAULO 6 48 1.1k
Love transform lives.
Love can transform lives.

In general we speak of love as a permanent, steady, and solid emotional (and somehow selfless) state [1], and loving as an 'action' or event, more a verb than an adjective or emotion.

[1] I mean, in the sense of "love of others" transform lives/save lives, etc.
Thanks for the reply!
The issue in this specific case is
The meaning of the sentence to be translated is "To love" (infinitive) to transform lives, with love in the beginning of a sentence as a general purpose/goal. "Loving to transform lives" - If I say Love to transform lives it seems imperative. Can I start a sentence with loving (as a purpose)?
PPAULO 6 48 1.1k
I had not seen that before, but it seems a worthwhile quote:

"In the words of philosopher and theologian Teilhard de Chardin, love is the “only force that can make things one without destroying them.” Only love has the power to transform lives, heal sickness, mute evil, and reap harmony from discord."
Yes, I am convinced, love is indeed one of the most incredibly powerful forces available to mankind.

Ref. generalleadership

As I pointed out, if "...only love has the power to tranform lives" then the corolary would be "love transform lives" (my previous sentence).
PPAULO 6 48 1.1k
The issue in this specific case is, the meaning of the sentence to be translated is "To love" (infinitive) to transform lives, with love in the beginning of a sentence as a general purpose/goal. "Loving to transform lives" - If I say Love to transform lives it seems imperative. Can I start a sentence with loving (as a purpose)?
It seems that you think in infinitive (in Portuguese) "amar para transformar vidas". This notion in English could be conveyed with "love for the others transform lives". Or even better - "love for the others transform lives". Yes, it could also apply to a purpose in life (or a life style if you wish).
To illustrate, let´s see the sentencence: "our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy."

Only in a case of a 'restricted time' of sorts as in "are you loving to transform lives? And making a difference" - I found "loving" as a goal. But, again it restricts the sentence to a question of "what are you doing now", sort of.

"Loving to transform lives" would be found in a context of "your action" towards somebody else, towards the human being, etc.

Incidentally, I would point out that "love to transform lives" (love - infinitive and a single word) is used. Though less often than "love" in combination with other words or expressions: such as "the power of love", "we love to transform lives", the motto "One Heart demonstrates the power of unconditional love to transform lives". Etc.
I mean, it seems more usual something more elaborated than just the sentence "love transform lives", that´s not say one can´t use this sentence, though.

I see your point, a verb in the infinitive generally seems like an imperative, but it goes with context. In this case one hardly would perceive it as an imperative. Unless if it was stated in a patronizing and demanding way "you should/ought love to transform lives"...

Let´s wait more comments and opinions on that. Two heads -or more - think better than one.