Do you believe in love at first sight?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Question: Do you believe in love at first sight?

Answers:

- "Yes, the first time I saw him I said to myself: It is HE!"
- "Someone who falls in love at first sight is usually willing to fall in love. And s/he of course only fell in love with an appearance, voice, smell... - not with a person!
- "No, it is impossible to fall in love with someone you don't know yet. Love is something that comes after some time, after knowing the person's way of thinking and living, the person's view of life..."
- "Once upon a time I saw him, we felt in love, and we lived happily forever"

P.s.: I was "so nice" to my boyfriend before knowing he was interested in me... :D

Now it's your turn!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário RenanKenplers 55 1
I don't think so. There might be a very strong mutual attraction, but not love.

But there are those who believe it... and they might be right... or not.

Regards,
Not really, love comes with contact, it's build.
Avatar do usuário maryziller 305 1 1
Love at first sight is a very romantic notion. I believe it is possible to know if you have met your soul-mate in the first instants you interact with a future boyfriend. People talk about "hitting it off" which means getting along well and being compatible and feeling a special deep bond from the first conversation.

Love at first sight is not as deep as a love that continues to grow over time. A mature lifelong love is complicated and deep and varied, but it may have started out as a love at first sight.
You can fall in love at first time, but love comes with the time, you build it! ;)
Avatar do usuário Gustavo Dias 25
Well... Some people fall in love by a person at the first sight, but surely it's just because of it's beauty...

About a LOVE at the first sight, I disagree. It's not nice to date with a person who you neither know. If you wanna love somebody you have to know if he is nice, if he's good for you, and etc...
Yes, I believe It. Sometimes the love waits us and We don't wait the love.
Of course! I just found my little beautiful when I saw her, and I'm almost sure that is her, forever, and ever. s2
Avatar do usuário Vitor Ferreira 30 1
I only believe in love at first sight if the man and the woman are beautiful. They look at each other and see how beautiful each one is. People like that, see first the beauty you have, not what you are.But sometimes this combination goes right.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
This is a very old question that has been debated for many years. Therefore I will relate my experiences in this matter.

In March 1966 my uncle was killed in an automobile accident, and at the funeral I saw a young lady who just took my breath away. My first reaction was, "Oh My God, is she beautiful". After the interment she introduced herself to me and offered her condolences, I was so flabergasted by her beauty and smile that all I could think to say was "Thanks".

I saw her again at the wake, and this time I had the presence of mind to ask her for her phone number, she replied with a coy smile, that she was my step grandmothers third cousin, and that I could get the number from her. The next afternoon I called the young lady, and her father, Joe, answered the phone asking why I wanted to talk to his baby girl. I blurted that "I love her and want to marry her." Then hurriedly added "With your permission of course." He laughed and said to come over for dinner about 6:00 P.M. and to bring my grandmother.

Six months later Jackie and I were married after a two week engagement, and it lasted until her death 34 years, 8 months and 3 days later.

Later, in 2001, I was surfing the internet and stumbled upon a match making site, and saw post by a Brazilian lady living in New Hampshire. The post was pretty interesting so I answered it and we exchanged emails, then instant messenger messages, then I started calling her on the telephone.

Two months after answering her post I flew to New Hampshire on a Friday to meet her, proposed to her in the car at the airport and gave Cristina an engagement ring, which she accepted. We flew back to Kentucky on Sunday night and were married on Monday. Now I have a wife, a mother in law, one son, two stepsons, one daughter in law, and one granddaughter.

I do not know if the marriage will last, as it has only been 8 years, 10 months, 3 days, 4 hours and 12 minutes, but I guess we will give it another 20 or 30 years and then we will decide.

If you still have not determined if I believe in Love At First Sight, the answer is a resounding YES. :D