Have you ever eaten snails?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Question: Have you ever eaten snails?

Examples of answers:

- Yes, and they taste delicious!
- Urggghhhh! No, and I hope I'll never do! Disgusting!!

Now it is your turn!

Credits: Adir's example in Podcast #8.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 15 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Ekaaaa! It's disgusting!
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
Not to wild's expert survivalist Bear Grylls. BG eats snails alive when the going gets tough. What would you do out in the wilderness having nothing to eat but a couple of tasty fat snails in sight? You wouldn't pass up such a morsel, would you?
Yes, I have eaten escargot, it was served in a butter and cognac sauce, and was very good until I found out what it was. Later, after my stomach calmed down, I decided that it really was good, but I can not afford escargot as a staple, and have not had it since, but I would eat "snails" again if I have the opportunity.
Logan18 escreveu:Ekaaaa! It's disgusting!

I agree!
I have never eaten such thing before and I'm sure I won't try it... :?
Ravenna escreveu:
Logan18 escreveu:Ekaaaa! It's disgusting!

I agree!
I have never eaten such thing before and I'm sure I won't try it... :?

Ravenna,

I think you should try something like this for your second sentence; "I have never eaten anything like snails, and I'm sure I will never will!"

The change is partly; grammar, contex, and style.

I hope you can make sense of this.
^^ Okay...^^
Hi!

No way! I think (actually, I'm sure) that I will never eat snails!
The consistency should be horrible! I don't know how I say: "muito mole" ou "me dá aflição".
I think that I will "talk to the toilet" (I don't know if "vaso sanitário" is toilet) if I eat this.

Kisses,
Dany
danycat_angel85 escreveu:Hi!

No way! I think (actually, I'm sure) that I will never eat snails!
The consistency should be horrible! I don't know how I say: "muito mole" ou "me dá aflição".
I think that I will "talk to the toilet" (I don't know if "vaso sanitário" is toilet) if I eat this.

Kisses,
Dany

Dany,

I have never heard the expression "talk to the toilet" but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT as a substitute for regurgitate, vomit, throw up or puke (all synonyms in decending order of politenesss).

I would like to see the third sentence read "I think that I would talk to the toilet."
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
No, I have never eaten snails. Although its a very strange dish I would try one day if I had chance to.
In my opinion, it's all cultural. For example, in China , they are used to eating dogs and in Philippines they eat "Balut egg" which is a fertilized duck (or chicken) egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell.