How important is money for you?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
I can't say money is everything in life, but I surely can say that money is very important, although I study in a public school and I have a scholarship in a course, I also need money to have lunch and to take bus, and money gives me the opportunity to buy books, that help me in my study a lot. Nad to use the internet, I need money! So I'd say money is very essential.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
I think money has an important meaning on people's life, because it is essential for anyone to live appropriately and have a confortable life. But it cannot become the most important thing, otherwise, the human feelings would be lost.
Money is very important, but any people put the money in the first place in their lifes. It's very dangerous and bad.
Avatar do usuário Gustavo Dias 25
You have to consider the importance of money just for your survival. Don't leave money as everything in your life or for your happiness. There are a lot of people that make a lot of mistake, and do some crimes, because of money. So try to win money just to support your life. Becareful, excess of money wish can be dangerous!
Gustavo Dias escreveu:You have to consider the importance of money just for your survival. Don't leave money as everything in your life or for your happiness. There are a lot of people that make a lot of mistake, and do some crimes, because of money. So try to win money just to support your life. Becareful, excess of money wish can be dangerous!

Gustavo,

I feel that a better way to express your thoughts and very good advise on this question would be something like the following:

"You have to condider the importance of money only for your survival. Don't make money everything in your life, and sacrifice your happiness. There are a lot of people that make mistakes like comitting crimes for money. So you should try to earn enough money to support yourself, because the desire to have an excessive amount of money can be dangerous."

Please let me know what you think about the rewrite and let me know if you have any questions.
I agree with the proverb "The art is not in making money, but in keeping it.", because i waste a lot of money.
People usually think money brings happiness, I can not totally disagree with them.
Okay, money can not make you happy, but it does help a lot.

There is a well known lyric, writen by one of the biggest poets from Brazil, Frejat (rss), that I always keep in mind:

"I wish you earn money, cause we need live too. And I wish you tell it at least once: 'who owns who' "

PS: I am glad i found this forum, this is my first post, and I am not quite sure why I choose this very topic. I guess I just randomly picked one. I learned english by myself and I don't have much conversation opportunities. So feel free to advice me as much as you care about it. ;)

PPS: Where is the most recomended area to chat?
Cindy says: "Money changes everyhing". I can't believe it. :o
I figureout, money is so important for too many people around the world nowadays due to the capitalist society that we've been living and moreover the globalization changed the society to the new technologies, that in my opinion is a very good stuff, but on the other hand, made up people's minds to the greed of money and materials, so to me, it is necessary to have enough money and don't forgetting living the life and appreciating the good things of life, that on the other hand, many and many people who deal with big business, so their minds are busy trying to sove their financial problems, then, they don't have time to a good worth to their lives, forgetting living the true life.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Diego Francora escreveu:Cindy says: "Money changes everyhing". I can't believe it. :o

They say money talks! But mine says goodbye. Huhuhuhuhu!