What is your biggest pet peeve?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3845 1 9 85
Question: What is your biggest pet peeve?

- My biggest pet peeve is people smoking around me;
- I get really angry when I'm talking and someone cut me short;
- Another pet peeve I have is forum members apologizing for asking silly questions - grrrrr!!! there are no silly questions at all!!!

Now it is your turn!
Avatar do usuário Donay Mendonça 45955 21 70 1041

My biggest pet peeve has to do with rudeness and people being inconsiderate,especially in public places.I really have to make an effort not to get into a fight whenever it happens.

MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 15 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12290 1 21 206
All the aforementioned plus having to put up with motorists (lane-changers) who cut you off right and left without signaling. (Well, take SP city with more than 400 reported transit- and road rage-related fights on a daily basis! Had I to drive in SP city, I would have died long ago.)
Márcio, my record is 8 hours. My house is 30km far from the office, so it was less than 4km/h. Stimulating, eh? ;)
Hi there

Marcio, I've just noticed my previous comment has nothing to do with what you'd written. You were talking about the transit-related fights, not the traffic itself. Anyway, taking eight hours to reach home would be a good reason to getting into a fight, isn't it?

By the way, let me add one more to the list:

Driving in Sao Paulo is a very big pet peeve!
Avatar do usuário RenanKenplers 55 1
Definitely stubbornness is one of my biggest pet peeves.

I hate when I'm explaining something to someone who apparently doesn't know about the subject I'm referring to. I try kindly to detail it in order to making the information helpful and stuff, but them don't cooperate. They always bring out the bad side! They think I'm trying to show off and make up something in order to put me on a trial. I thought of changing my way of expressing myself to others, but it wasn't worth. I don't know whether it has to do with pride or stubbornness, because they always keep insisting on showing their opposing side of view, even knowing they're wrong. They just want to 'push me downhill'. It doesn't happen only with me, my bff Jessica also goes through it.

Just my luck.
I hate when someone speaks bad about my religion, my idol and my team.
Avatar do usuário josneywat 290 6
My current pet peeve is that I can't stand people claiming about problems in life. It drives me crazy, really.

Here you'll find a list of pet peeves, choose yours and give us an insight:

The Web's Largest List of Pet Peeves (things that annoy you)
All the aforementioned plus people who think that know about everything.
Traffic in SP also, but this I turned around commuting by motorcycle. Ilive in SP and work in Alphaville, around 30 KM far away. :(
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
My biggest pet peeve are people who sit next to you on public transportation even when there are other seats available and when I'm going to work by train I also hate people who don't use perfume and leave theirs home without take a shower!! That's so disgusting!

I hate them!