Como dizer "dp (dependência)" em inglês

DP stands for "dependência" in Portuguese.

TIA! ;)

Anúncio Descubra seu nível de inglês em 15 minutos! - Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu inglês.

Começar agora!
6 respostas
Marcio_Farias 1 23 214
WIA! ;)

Dependencies (geralmente no plural).
Flavia.lm 1 10 95
Hi guys

I'm not sure you two are talking about the same thing.
Yes, dependência = dependency, when referring to being dependent on someone, or addicted to sth.
I guess Tiago meant "DP" when we fail an specific subject at school.
I would say "course failure" (course = matéria, não o curso inteiro), and to "Vou ter que fazer dp de geografia esse semestre" I would say "I'll have to redo Geography this semester".

;) I copied this from como-eu-digo-passar-de-ano-na-escola-t6862.html

Flávia
Marcio_Farias 1 23 214
F, I thought Tiago meant an annex or outbuilding to an apartment or, at best, a colony, or a territory subject to rule by an external power. But then you might have given Tiago the word or words he wants.
Flavia.lm 1 10 95
Márcio,

Yes, I noticed it.

Just an additional comment:
"a territory subject to rule by an external power" - ok, dependency
"an annex or outbuilding to an apartment" - I'm not sure we could use "dependencies" here. Maybe "premises", referring to the entire area.
timphillips 10
Hi guys
There is a cultural thing here. In the British education system there is no pass/fail system umtil you take public exams at the age of sixteen and eighteen. Then you might re-take a public exam that you failed. Students are automatically moved through the system according to age. The whole "failing a year" idea, still current in Brazilian education, is totally alien to Brits. The idea that the curriculum is simply a closed, limited body of knowledge that should somehow be learnt (off by heart - decorebo) to pass simplistic exams is out of date. Worse still is the fact that many Brazilans still don't find much success in this system.
Tim
Anúncio Converse grátis por 15 minutos com um professor e verifique como está o seu nível de inglês. Perder o medo de se comunicar é o primeiro passo para a fluência. Cadastre-se na Cambly e experimente o método sem compromisso.

Iniciar Conversação
Hey guys this is how l'd say it myself: Class failure, we can say that we've failed a class.
Ainda precisa de ajuda? Confira algumas opções:
  1. Clique no botão "Responder" (abaixo) e faça sua pergunta sobre este assunto;
  2. Faça uma nova pergunta;
  3. Converse grátis com um professor nativo por 15 minutos: Saiba como!