Be beside yourself
If you are beside yourself (with an emotion), you lose your self-control because of the intensity of the emotion you are feeling. (learn-english-today.com)
Exemplos de uso:
- He was beside himself when he found out his dog had died.
- Ele ficou fora de si quando descobriu que seu cachorro tinha morrido.
- You just can't believe it and you're beside yourself.
- Você não consegue acreditar e fica fora de si.
- I was beside myself because the consultant told us that it could be a brain tumour.
- Eu fiquei fora de mim porque o consultor nos disse que poderia ser um tumor cerebral.